Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• I pushed an unclean set of images to the webserver by mistake where Kodi is built against python 3.8 but the OS has python 3.9 so Kodi fails to start. Those images have now been replaced with some corrected ones. The Python 3.9 change is fresh so I won't guarantee all add-ons have been published to the LE repo yet (the bump was in the last 24h). I have no interest in maintaining Matrix images as I have limited time for testing and Nexus better supports the Amlogic codebase.

I've test installed on a C2 and Ethernet works fine for me, see http://ix.io/3PBJ. The u-boot patch you found is still being included pstream, see https://github.com/chewitt/u-boot…ot.dtsi#L32-L36 - and the unknown boot command line is harmless, I'm not aware of any hardware issues with C2 other than the USB ports needing a hack to prevent the driver from autosuspending (which is in my kernel image).

• Get the AMLGX "box" image from https://test.libreelec.tv/ .. write to SD card and then edit uEnv.ini to set the dtb name (do not rename the dtb to dtb.img). Insert the SD card and trigger recovery boot again so the LE bootscripts are loaded (else you have CE scripts which look for different files). If all is well it will boot. The "meson-gxm-q200.dtb" device-tree exists and should support most hardware.

Interesting, so do you think it will work on Yoka KB2 (= gxm_q201_2g.dtb on CE) too ?

I'm looking for ICC profile support and HDR to SDR mapping features.

Thanks

• I pushed an unclean set of images to the webserver by mistake where Kodi is built against python 3.8 but the OS has python 3.9 so Kodi fails to start. Those images have now been replaced with some corrected ones. The Python 3.9 change is fresh so I won't guarantee all add-ons have been published to the LE repo yet (the bump was in the last 24h). I have no interest in maintaining Matrix images as I have limited time for testing and Nexus better supports the Amlogic codebase.

I've test installed on a C2 and Ethernet works fine for me, see http://ix.io/3PBJ. The u-boot patch you found is still being included pstream, see https://github.com/chewitt/u-boot…ot.dtsi#L32-L36 - and the unknown boot command line is harmless, I'm not aware of any hardware issues with C2 other than the USB ports needing a hack to prevent the driver from autosuspending (which is in my kernel image).

sorry chewitt - not sure i am following - was this for me ?

do i need to do a clean install of my box due to the above issue ?

• I'm looking for ICC profile support and HDR to SDR mapping features.

I think Kodi and kernel have plumbing for ICC but the driver for tonemapping hasn't been written yet so that's not supported. Otherwise the image should work with the "box" image all S912 boxes are pretty similar.

• Just update with nightly and to my surprised it no longer crashes when playing between H264 and H265. Also it may not be 100% , H265 will not auto play from saved point but you can jump to the time using time input.

If there were changes, great work.

• Just update with nightly and to my surprised it no longer crashes when playing between H264 and H265. Also it may not be 100% , H265 will not auto play from saved point but you can jump to the time using time input.

If there were changes, great work.

Unfortunately not to confirm this, on my device there is a hanging problem between h264 and h265 all the time.

Could you please do again the test described in RE: Official LE Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20) ?

• Ok, I did the test with the test files posted in that posting. It does fail as indicated. I am not sure what difference between those test files and the files I am watching but it seems to work fine playing from H264 to H265 or vice versa without issue. I guess it has something to do with the bit rate and how much memory it is reserving.

Oops I made a mistook an hevc file as h264 since kodi did not refresh the meta. So issue switching from h264 to hevc will crash kodi. It only happens one direction h264 to hevc but not in reverse.

Edited once, last by hieppo (February 16, 2022 at 1:30 PM).

• You can update using the .tar file or clean install. Clean install is probably quickest.

OK - did a fresh install on my T95Z plus box - with this nightly box image - and same device tree as before

with the previous img file from 13th - it ran fine - streamed video ok - just had problems with skip forward and back functions - and the suspend behaviour i couldn't figure out

but now now its v unstable - crashes and restarts from Libreelec splash screen every couple of minutes

have tried twice from scratch in case it was me - but still doing it second time around - shame - the file from the 13th was looking v promising

not sure if i can get a log out

• The odroid-n2 image includes mainline u-boot which uses FDTDIR in extlinux.conf (not FDT and dtb name or uEnv.ini) to auto-determine the correct dtb to use from hardware data read at boot time. I haven't tested a clean install from SD card that recently but the image should boot both SD and eMMC with no config required. NB: You need the SPI boot switch on the N2 set to the right. If set to left, petitboot will be active and it does not understand exlinux boot configs and the device will not boot. The latest image in my testing share is running fine on an N2+ (see http://ix.io/3Ps4) although the emmc module it's booting from might have an older u-boot installed.

Ok thanks my SD card reader on my N2 must be going, I can't get reliable boots off any SD media I have, and console showing it trying to boot via tftp.

• emveepee I did some test boots from an SD card yesterday using the image in my web-share (5.17-rc4 and u-boot 2022.01) and it worked fine from a boot perspective. I'd recommend getting an emmc module; they're faster and more reliable than SD cards.

• will give the box img from the 17th a go and will report back

in the meantime if anyone has a link to the 20220212 box img file - or any other useable box img a link would be very much appreciated :thumbup: