• Hello.

I've recently installed Libreelec on my old pc

the problem is that the gpu is intel 946gz express which is not common

i only see in kodi 800x600 and 1024x768

my monitor is 1920 1080

how can I force it to boot into 1080p?

thanks

• Hello!

I guess you'll need a custom xorg.conf also I am Not Sure If LE 9 still Supports the GMA 950 cause it is 15 years old.

The User also Had to use a custom xorg config. Take a Look here:

8.0.1 frame skip with Intel GMA 950

There was once a document in Openelec Wiki on how configure xorg.conf but the Page is No longer working.

On LE Wiki I found nothing on xorg.conf. maybe someone can Help Here.

Regards

Nicolas

• Is there's any tutorial on how to make or edit an xorg.conf files. pls im newbie to linux stuff

• the problem is that the gpu is intel 946gz express which is not common

Our problem is, is that we will not / cannot support hardware indefinitely.

So if you PC chipset is 14 years old, which is prehistoric metaphorically in computer terms, support will stop at some point.

You could try one of the earlier OpenELEC releases, but don't expect miracles.

Why not get yourself a simple Raspberry Pi 3B+ or 4B setup, it will quietly dance circles around your old PC

• Our problem is, is that we will not / cannot support hardware indefinitely.

So if you PC chipset is 14 years old, which is prehistoric metaphorically in computer terms, support will stop at some point.

You could try one of the earlier OpenELEC releases, but don't expect miracles.

Why not get yourself a simple Raspberry Pi 3B+ or B setup, it will quietly dance circles around your old PC

will Rpi zero w work with LibreELEC?

• It will work, but minimally. Fair chance you run into performance issues and get annoyed. In previous years I have tried to reuse old PC's for a linux installation and always gave up because of support issues with old hardware and performance issues. Do yourself a favour and follow Klojum's advice: buy a 3B+. A setup with Libreelec is quite mature by now compared to a PI 4 and it is only 20$ more than a Zero and much more powerfull. I am happily running two for more than a year now, one as a TV server and one as a general media player.