how can i update my Cuboxi kernel to SMBv2 level? and as late as posible KODI version?

• i know the Cubox and thus the imx6 is EOL for 2 years but it still runs so...:-)

my latest kodi runs 17.6 but this has some issues. like lack of smbv2 support.

So i am in search of a later kernel so it's supports SMBv2.

Is there a LibreElec version that is supporting my classic device?:/

needs supporting also my optic connection to my amplifier. and i use Yatse as remote.

any help or pointing me to a distro which works would be great.

an other place i got a great tip:

SolidRun Cubox i2/i4 and Hummingboard – LibreELEC

this link tels me how to migrate from OpenElec to LibreELEC

Did some test's and it worked.

So clean OL then migrate and joy a LibreELEC with smbv2 and v3.

This will run my Cuboxi4pro on 17.6 from 2018 compiled.

Still it would be great if i could upgrade kodi to v19 or so because i got some issues in te near future scrapers and API's i am afraid.

unlying kernel can be the same if that's possible.

Edited 2 times, last by classicCuboxiuser: new information (July 26, 2020 at 6:08 PM).

• this one?

Edit: is there any difference between those two?

(

LibreELEC-iMX6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200803-eabee4a-cubox-dl.img.gz

2020-08-03 04:38 107M

LibreELEC-iMX6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200803-eabee4a-cubox-q.img.gz

2020-08-03 04:39 107M)

Edit 2: tested DL on 8GB, only a solidrun boot text visible, no red powerled on front.

next the Q version: first solid bootloadertest and red powerled burning, rebooted in LibreELEC display, rebooted again and had a small video issue (stripes top to bottom and was a bit slow in reacting of choosing dutch (needed a download dutch module after a wile) did started trough and asked for PVR.

d9e656?filename=1596457425473_TinyTake03-08-2020-02-23-36_637320542216659614.png&sub_type=thumbnail_preview&type=attachment&width=799&height=630

I worked! :-))D

Do i need any other installs other then what i need to do when i do a clean installation?

(placed the backup tar in the folder so it should go to last user data when i restore, it's a test need the 16GB for space))

i had a direct Libre (LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.2.5.img) which got stuck in booting (same as descibed below.) so i used a OpenElec version and migrated this to LibreELEC with this:"LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.2.5" which worked fine on 16GbSD

which started after reboot in menu correctly, so i started to build my library and such from scratch and it froze on a 3d video i accidently started so i hard booted it with the power off on. did exactly the same as original img i tried above. a startup screen and flashing powerlight.

i use a 16Gb SD and Cuboxi4pro (large library)

(Edit: i let it off for 8 hours and it booted... this is strange.) (Yes i did the 10sec rule)

anyway first a backup (straight copy of the SD in explorer) in this one and then that 9.8 nightly on an other SD for testing

Edited 2 times, last by classicCuboxiuser: updating progres with the new information. :-) "test" folder file did work. very happy. (will the developers team see this too or do i have to flagg it somewhere?) (August 3, 2020 at 1:29 PM).

• OK the backup tar of 17.6 system can't be put back by 19.1 system. (i think never used it before so don't know it's working habits)

it just shows a brief startup line and ends without any change.

Out of interest: this is from a Test folder so nightlybuilds not stable/finished correct?

can i use this the same as the official releases? Do i need to ad addons extra to have the same kind of base startup as the stable versions?

(i am new to this.) if i know where to look for and how to do it, i can manage.

i am already very happy i can use newer builds then the 2 year old relases. thank you for the builders on this site :)

Edit: using powering down of the kodi menu did create a failure. powering down ignoring, reboot, system halted. it stagnated in LibreELEC icon.(this is the nightly build.)

• Edit: using powering down of the kodi menu did create a failure. powering down ignoring, reboot, system halted. it stagnated in LibreELEC icon.(this is the nightly build.)

I'm sure this will be fixed at the stable version. You can help to fix this bug, if you provide a link to a log file. Then we can see what goes wrong when you try to shutdown. I suggest to open a new thread at our bug report sub-forum for this issue.

You can mark this thread as solved by editing your first post.

• Hi, will there be a (official)stable version? i read that LibreElec stopped two years ago the support of cubox.

(can't select cubox here: LibreELEC Downloads – LibreELEC)

You can help to fix this bug, if you provide a link to a log file. Then we can see what goes wrong when you try to shutdown. I suggest to open a new thread at our bug report sub-forum for this issue.

ok i will tomorow, i have the 17.6v running now. And this have a starting issue also when i hard kill the cubox (only power shutdown by pulling the connector) to switch the SD it needs few minuts off power otherwise it stagnate booting and get a flashing powerled.

normaly i switch off/disconnect power change sd and power on no problems with other Distro.

I noticed with Libre that it jams when i do that. waiting a few minuts to fully discharge the Cubox's electrical system does help.

Then it starting wait a moment and starting the normal sequence of booting.

Maybe that's the same issue. (something with "ghost data" by left potential in the Cubox)

(i will try to make image's/video of the proces of both.)

• ok i have the latest nightly built on my SD

but i have a few newbe questions:

1- what is the difference between the Q version and the DL version?

2 How can i restore my setup the most easy way.(a backup restore seems not a 123 job)

(i have a TAR of older LibreElec and a backup addon which didn't work because of other/older kodiversion.)

3 Are there specific addons which are default in a stable installed but not yet in a Nightly build? (do i need to instal some first before i go on configuring?

4 any other things i need to look at for a good configuration? :)

edit: i was jumping the light. video play and sound doesn't work.

audio spdif and video codec issue 20200808 nighltly build cuboxi4pro

Back to kodi17.6 build. ;(