RPI3 as Access point

• I posted about this and some other stuff a while ago but didn't really get an answer so here it is again.

I used my RPI3 as an AP when I was using OpenElec because of the shitty wifi reception I have in my room upstairs.
    The same option is in LibreELEC but I can't get it to work properly. It starts an AP but without internet access.
    Did I forget something from when I set it up on OE or has something changed?

• Seems connman sets up a separate subnet that isolates it from the rest of the lan. I'll look into it as this isn't the first report.

In the mean time you can always set a gateway using

Code
    route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0

or whatever the ip of your gateway is.

• Seems connman sets up a separate subnet that isolates it from the rest of the lan. I'll look into it as this isn't the first report.

In the mean time you can always set a gateway using

Code
    route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0

or whatever the ip of your gateway is.

I got an error trying that:

Code
    route: ioctl 0x890b failed: Network is unreachable

I've looked at ifconfig and while in the GUI everything is set correctly, ifconfig gives me a gateway of *.*.*.255 instead of *.*.*.254.

Is there a file where I can change these settings?

Also, the tether has a totally different IP range (standard 192.168.etc) but I think that's normal, I think it was that way too when it was working on OE.

• I am exactly in the same situation. With Openelec the tethering worked fine and now I can conncet to the HotSpot provided by my Raspberry Pi2, but I have not internet access in the connected device.
    I posted this before LibreELEC but I have not had any useful answer.
    Any help?
    Thanks

• I am exactly in the same situation. With Openelec the tethering worked fine and now I can conncet to the HotSpot provided by my Raspberry Pi2, but I have not internet access in the connected device.
    I posted this before thread-2556.html?highlight=tethering but I have not had any useful answer.
    Any help?
    Thanks

Any news here?

With Krypton on an Pi3 I cannot access the internet over the wifi hotspot. On LibreELEC 7 this worked without any problems.

• I registered to this forum today to ask this question but seems I've solved it meanwhile :)

SSH in as root, execute this:

Code
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

and it started working just fine for me - give it a try!

• I registered to this forum today to ask this question but seems I've solved it meanwhile :)

SSH in as root, execute this:

Code
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

and it started working just fine for me - give it a try!

Perfect! That helps a lot.

Is there any solution to activate this at startup, or when the network starts?

• Is there any solution to activate this at startup, or when the network starts?

Try:

Code
    echo "net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1" >/storage/.config/sysctl.d/ip_forward.conf

and reboot.

Confirm it is enabled with:

Code
    sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward

and you should see:

Code
    net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

Needs a better solution though, as this is only a band aid.