Long shot: Skype, Zoom, Facebook, Facetime - general video conferencing?

• Is there any way to do this? I get the impression it can be done on a Pi but it's not easy. Anyone know if there's plugins for LibreElec or even some way to split boot the Pi so it reboots into Raspbian and lets me run these things?

• Fair point entirely!! I thought this was a very long shot.

Let me ask, is it difficult to dual boot LE and not have LE break itself on updates?

Any guides?

Bonus: Some way to have a menu item in Kodi, that you select and it reboots and chooses the other OS?

• So even if the default boot option was always Kodi, I couldn't make a one time shortcut which reboots into Raspian? Then once you reboot Rasbpian it auto boots into Kodi?

• Install NOOBS or PINN on the Pi and you have a boot time menu for selecting the OS to boot. It's not possible to control booting into the OS tho.

With PINN (and I assume Noobs too) it is possible to select which OS to boot into during boot up process and select which OS is normally booted into etc. Relevant sections of PINN Readme on github :-

OS Boot Selector

Sticky Default OS

OS Boot selection order

I have Raspbian and LibreElec installed on SD via PINN on RPI4 and with PINN boot process am able to switch between OS as my needs dictate.

Also able to keep each OS manually updated to latest, when booted into partcular OS etc.

Not attempted Video conferencing in Raspbian though, use mobile for that these days as much more portable etc.

• Thanks for your reply, I'll have a play with this.

I don't suppose you know a way I can make it so I can select the boot OS BEFORE I reboot - so no keyboard interaction is required?