Chrome wont let me sign in

• Hi, I've recently installed chrome on libreelec 9.2.3, and trying to sing in will give me back this error:

Code
    This browser or app may not be secure. More information
    Try it with a different browser. If you use a compatible browser, refresh the page and log in again.

what can i do to fix this?

• I have the same problem with both Chrome and chromium , I see that both of them are old versions and aren't supported by their developers (i am ot sure exactly) but you can try web viewer 2, it is working fine for me

• Holy thread revival, Batman! (sorry, this was the most recent one describing this issue I could find).

I first encountered this problem about 6 months ago, gave it up as a bad job and at some point accidentally fixed the problem. I recently had to reinstall Kodi and encountered the same issue and after about an hour of wildly stabbing in the dark found that if you log in to a non-google site or service using the "Sign in with Google" option (for instance Duolingo), Chrome then automatically signs in.

• I just got through updating everything on a box I hadn't used in a while, and this still didn't help me. I even tried the 9.2.0.104 build I found while trying to fix a different issue.

• SOLVED (with caveats)

CAVEAT: I can't guarantee the security or permanency of this cos I'm no expert. I just saw someone mentioning this as a solution to a related problem.

SUMMARY: change the browser agent used on the log-in page

DETAILS:
    1. Right Click Anywhere in Webpage > Inspect
    2. Choose More Tools (top right 3 dots) > Network Conditions
    3. Uncheck Select Automatically Checkbox
    4. Choose One Among the Built-In User-Agents List: Chrome Android Tablet worked for me

(Further info: How to Change User-Agents in Chrome, Edge, Safari & Firefox)

As far as I know, this is a per-page setting.

NOTE: I had already turned ON 'Less secure app access' in my Google Account under Security, but I don't know if this made any difference

COMMENTARY: Since a mere change of browser recognition worked, I suspect this may be Google trying to exclude everything except authorised vanilla versions of Chrome in vanilla environments (i.e where they have utter control) - perhaps part of their new policy of global greed lol. Based on my recent experience of them (including forcing YT content-makers to accept ads, like it or not [source]) should change their old motto of "Don't Be Evil" to "Be as Evil as Possible" lol.