Version bump to Kodi 18.7

• Hmm, now why wouldn't we do a thing like that? We just need to set things up for testing stuff, that just takes a couple of extra days.

People can be so impatient... :cool:

• Hi! How is it going with this?

I really want a bugfix included in Kodi 18.7 so I'm checking the LE website every day now for news. ^^

• The guys are currently building LE 9.2.3, which is based on Kodi 18.7.1.

PS: Ready to download now. <3

Flexin' vinyl, jammin' break beats. 8)

• Thanks for release - seems to have installed fine on my test unit.

Hey, really dumb question.

Do the updates always 'clean up' after themselves well?

Like what if you had Libre 8 and you updated all each individual update file through the line - would the filesystem end up full of junk?

• The entire OS is contained in two files (KERNEL and SYSTEM) and then we delete the .tar file and folders we extracted those from.

• Yeah but like

Say you over write

/data/file01.blah!

/data/file02a.blah!

with

/data/file01.blah!

/data/file03a.blah!

DOES file 02a get deleted? Are there any orphaned files, inside the folders for the OS and application?

• We don't overwrite anything. Everything you see in the OS except for /storage is uncompressed from the read-only SYSTEM file at boot time, and we don't touch /storage during update (it's not even mounted).

• I'm not referring to overwrite as much as I'm referring to prune, literally orphaned files no longer used by the linux OS powering the device or the Kodi application.

• We manage 100% of the OS inside the KERNEL and SYSTEM files and it is not possible for "cruft" to accumulate in the OS because it's all contained inside a read-only (thus cannot be written into) file that is uncompressed to create a virtual filesystem on boot. You (and Kodi) manage 100% of the /storage area and this may accumulate thumbs, add-on installers, add-on caches, crash logs, etc.