What's the latest version for Wetek Hub?

• Hi! I 'm currently running v9.0 with some problems in recognizing the bluetooth adapter. So I would like to know if there's a more recent version stable or beta and how could I download it.

Moreover, if anyone with a wetek hub could tell me please what's the total memory that shows kodi in the settings/information section using libreelec. Mine shows 775mb( far from 1gb)...

Many thanks!!

• Official Post

LE 9.0.2 is the latest official release. After this point we have abandoned all work on the legacy Amlogic 3.14 kernel and refocussed on mainline Linux support for LE10 (based on Kodi v19 which is still in a pre-Alpha state). This has some rough edges on playback but it otherwise in fairly good shape on Linux 5.6 .. I'm overdue to push a bump to Linux 5.7rcX to the master branch.

Current test images are in Index of / .. use the AMLGX 'box' image from an SD card.

NB: Kodi will always show under 1GB free because some RAM is reserved for system use (drivers and such) .. 775MB sounds about right/normal.

• Thanks a lot for your help. I've installed the sd creator tool and it let me download the 9.0.2 version. Althought on the downloads wetek hub section on the web only appears v9.0. If I still have bluetooth problems, I will have to try that test images. Regards!

• Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but didn't find any more recent statements regarding LE10 (?) (Alpha) (Beta) development for Wetek Hub and/or (as in my case) "Wetek Play 2" (I understand they are more or less the same when it comes to LE/Kodi).

The Folder linked above by chewitt as of today don't contain any amlgx "box" images (or I am blind 8-) )

So, is there any beta versions to try on my WP2? Is it in a state that would make sense for testing?

Edit: Also found this

LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.0

dating from April 2020.

Question remains, any news for WP2?

Edited once, last by wp2man (December 29, 2020 at 10:04 AM).

• Thanks! Will have a go at it asap. If I got you right:

1) the AMLGX-box-img you linked to *may* work from SD (just as the current LE9.0.2 does)

2) the "dedicated WP2" image you mention needs the u-boot tweaking for sure

Not sure if I want to touch factory u-boot (will have to look into how to do that); would that break booting the WP2 original firmware and/or the curren 9.0.2 booting fine from SD?

This WP2 is our "daily driver" for TV... if I break it, WAF down to "minus infinity .... until infinity (and beyond!)")

• The -wetek-play2 image will not boot from SD card unless you zero the emmc first (else the box always boots factory u-boot which doesn't understand the boot files) and I wouldn't do that if the box is a daily driver. The mainline kernel OS is great but still has a few glitches and missing things. There is also no DVB support as a demux driver needs to be written from scratch and there's not many volunteers.

The -box image should boot though, and that's harmless enough to experiment witth.

• chewitt, thanks again for responding.

"no DVB support" means neither of the images will support DVB-T2 on WP2 image? Or also not with the "-box" image? I guess neither, since if there was DVB support in the -box image, it could be used for the -wp2 image, too, right?

No DVB, no TV... no use ? Or am I missing something!?

• Mh, are you saying that LE10 will lack support for any DVB, for any chipset, be it internal or external / USB-Sticks?

A quick search gave me this

DVB-C Tuner not being recognized

which refers to LE 9.2 and the Sony D2837ER which also sits in my WP2 which is with a DVB-T/T2(/C?/S?) Tuner Module.

Could this be the way in LE9.8 / 10, too?

No DVB, no more WP2 :(