How to access portainer?

• Hi there,

If I'm allowed to pick up an old thread, I'm also stuck on this issue. I am very new to docker and can't find a way to use portainer. Here is the log:

I have no idea what the lsio network is...

• Hi there,

If I'm allowed to pick up an old thread, I'm also stuck on this issue. I am very new to docker and can't find a way to use portainer. Here is the log:

I have no idea what the lsio network is...

lsio is the custom docker network set up by the updater addon, which is a dependency for all the docker addons in the linuxserver repo.

No idea why it says it doesn't exist. Try disabling and re-enabling the updater addon and check its log

• ... I am very new to docker and can't find a way to use portainer ...

Sorry, I've done a lot of portainer installations and never had a problem.

• If you have problems start with a clean installation of Docker first and Portainer second. To do this uninstall both, remove any trace of the directories /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker and Portainer (whose name I don't remember because I don't use the installation addon of this addon).
    • Reboot the device.
    • Install Docker again and reboot the device.
    • Install Portainer again and reboot the device.
    • Create a username and password for Portainer on the web http://<device-ip>:9000
    • Explore the contents of Portainer: I use it to manage other installed containers: stop, start, delete containers and docker images, also to explore linux commands inside containers, delete volumes, ..., in relation to networks I don't need use this for nothing. Instead of using docker volumes I always mount the external storage containers in /storage/.config/dockers, /storage, and /media of LibreELEC.

Edited 3 times, last by elonesna (January 27, 2022 at 8:45 PM).

• Thanks for the help.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled portainer first (before removing docker completely...).

The log is a bit different:

Would you still recommend scrubbing docker + portainer?

PS: I've tried another solution from the forum that has worked nicely for me. I've set up portainer directly:

Code
    docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 --name=portainer --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer-ce

Works fine after restarting kodi!

Edited once, last by darav (January 29, 2022 at 7:28 PM).

• Hi there,

seems there is another issue

Code
    journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.portainer -f

logs

Code
    FTL github.com/portainer/portainer/api/cmd/portainer/main.go:730 > failed initializing upgrade service | error="failed to determine container platform: failed to retrieve docker info: Error response from daemon: client version 1.41 is too new. Maximum supported API version is 1.40" stack_trace=[{"func":"NewService","line":"55","source":"upgrade.go"},{"func":"buildServer","line":"728","source":"main.go"},{"func":"main","line":"801","source":"main.go"},{"func":"main","line":"250","source":"proc.go"},{"func":"goexit","line":"831","source":"asm_arm.s"}]

anyone else having the same issue?

Seems to pretty new portainer-ce crashing, will not start · Issue #8455 · portainer/portainer (github.com)

• PS: I've tried another solution from the forum that has worked nicely for me. I've set up portainer directly:

Code
    docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 --name=portainer --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer-ce

Works fine after restarting kodi!

Hello, I'm having the same problem when installing Portainer. I tried this manual installation and it presents me with this message.

Could you help me?

Code
    Unable to find image 'portainer/portainer-ce:latest' locally
    docker: Error response from daemon: Head "https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/portainer/portainer-ce/manifests/latest": dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 192.168.25.1:53: no such host.
    See 'docker run --help'.
  • I would say it can not reach docker hub

Does it work with other images / container?

No, my docker is empty. I'm only needing the portainer to be able to use Medusa and Transmission.

I used the portainer in Raspiberry 4 but as it malfunctioned, now I'm configuring everything on a PC with libreelec.