Repository for Amlogic & Meson Infrared Remote Controllers

• Repository for AmRemote & Meson_IR Infrared Remote Controllers

Our goal is to centralize access to original Remote Control Unit (RCU) configuration files for use with LibreELEC, CoreELEC, and other forks of OpenELEC (Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center).

To achieve this goal, a repository with alphabetical index was created, and made available here:

AmRemote & Meson IR Repository

Quick installation guide:

AmRemote:

copy remote.conf to /storage/.config

Meson-IR:

copy KEYFILE to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config

Android

copy remote.conf to /etc

Detailed guides are available in the Library section of the repository.

Edited once, last by Ygdrassil (November 10, 2020 at 2:24 AM).

• Official Post

This should probably be reworked as a GitHub repository so the contents are under version control and are in a flat structure that would be suitable for programatic use within distros. This would also allow users to submit new/corrected files. I'll have a think about it. NB: All meson-ir files should be converted and submitted to the upstream kernel so ir-remote details can be included within device-tree files (which also need submitting) to improve the out of box experience.

• I have a better mapping for the mecool ki pro remote, attached.

I mapped every key and It follows the layout of the remote (top to bottom, left to right), so it's easier to see the key associated to each function (Edit: er, the function associated to each key).

Since, AFAIK, there's no browser function in kodi, I mapped the browser button to KEY_NUMERIC_STAR which I configured to restart kodi.