[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• When you boot with the tooth pick it should boot up with the libreelec files on the usb, not from the recovery which you are doing. When you hold the tooth pick in keep holding it in while inserting power and keep holding till you see libreelec logo. If you dont see the logo and goes to the android recovery then something isnt right.

All I get when toothpicking is the recovery screen. From there I try to do update from external but I keep getting a verification failed error.

Are you saying toothpicking should boot me into LE? Why do I have 2 extra .md5 files after Rufus?

I also tried doing the recovery file mentioned in the 7.0 FAQ. If I wanted to use twrp, what android directory do I copy what file to?

My box is an MXQ m201_c the one with the transparent black case. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Update: By the way, I cannot tooth pick into recovery mode anymore.

Thanks!
    [hr]
    I tried what you said and it just keeps cycling back to the MXQ logo.

Just to confirm, I checked the box in 64 and it said the board was an m201. It is clearly an MXQ but I am using the m210 file, is that correct?

Edited once, last by Skripo (March 20, 2017 at 1:23 PM).

• So it really helps if you are using the right image!

PSA:

You really need to be sure what board you have, regardless of what 64 does. I wasted close to 9 hours on this!

• So it really helps if you are using the right image!

PSA:

You really need to be sure what board you have, regardless of what 64 does. I wasted close to 9 hours on this!

Yes there are alot of these boxes out there with all different types of boards, i found that out with an M8 box which im having trouble booting to sd too.
    So did you get it working in the end?

• I found out that, when the remote isnt working anymore after a update, you need to copy te remote.conf file to the configfiles smb share on the device. This is when LE is installed to internal storage. I immediately believe this is common practice but, maybe it can be mentioned in the first post, in order for people not having to search/experiment with this. Just my two cents..

• Just crashed on the last release. Anything i can do to find out why? Video and sound stuck, looping audio.

I was having issues like that when i upgraded from 7.0.3.3c to 8.0.0b........... But when i done a fresh install of just 8.0.0b the issues went away completely.....
    Never saw any issues with 8.0.0g apart from a little slow down and what seemed like lagging but again that has all completely gone away with 8.0.1a.

So maybe try a fresh install of the latest OS You can back up your Kodi data with the BackUp Addon so you won't lose anything... It's worth a try

• I was having issues like that when i upgraded from 7.0.3.3c to 8.0.0b........... But when i done a fresh install of just 8.0.0b the issues went away completely.....
    Never saw any issues with 8.0.0g apart from a little slow down and what seemed like lagging but again that has all completely gone away with 8.0.1a.

So maybe try a fresh install of the latest OS You can back up your Kodi data with the BackUp Addon so you won't lose anything... It's worth a try

Thanks I'll give it a try!

• Anyone else have constant buffering during HD play back with the newest build and an S805? I'm running off an SD Card if that matters.
    I've installed Ares and ran the buffer tweak but no change.

Edited once, last by Gwathnar (March 28, 2017 at 2:15 AM).

• Anyone else have constant buffering during HD play back with the newest build and an S805? I'm running off an SD Card if that matters.
    I've installed Ares and ran the buffer tweak but no change.

I upgraded yesterday and indeed noticed some buffering issues yesterday night watching a movie. Still don't know if it because of this build or the plugin/provider. Have to test this more.

I'm running on a S805 internal memory.

• I had buffering issues with the south park addon, but i was feeling really ill so couldnt test my connection or other addons at that moment, will do it as soon as i can