[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• Open a ssh terminal (you can use putty for windows, just put ip of box on the connection box then user: root, password: libreelec)

If you run from sdcard and not used installtointernal

Code
    mkdir /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    cp /tmp/system/etc/remote.conf /storage/.config
    reboot

Thanks! My remote wasn't working at all.
    This worked perfectly on my OTT MXQ!
    Awesome project guys!

Question:
    Booting from SD works perfectly now, and my add-ons are all working.
    If I "installtointernal" now, will my settings and add-ons be saved, or will I have to set everything up again?

Thanks again to all the work you guys have put in to this!

LibreELEC 8.0 builds aimed at devices based on Amlogic S905/S905X SoC

This is for the S805 right..... Just a little confused as the Title says S805 but the main header says S905.....

I know the 7.95.beta6 runs sweet so hope this 8.0.0b runs just as good

Thanks for all the great work thought i do appreciate it :cool:

*** Yea Just Found Out It Is S805 ***

Edited once, last by Chewy (February 20, 2017 at 10:26 PM).

• with beta6, I had an issue last night, the audio and video froze, playing a 720p video file, then the screen went black, after that the box rebooted. MXQ red top. I will run the latest release and see if it happens again, then try get the logs posted here.

Edited once, last by rev6 (February 21, 2017 at 2:51 PM).

• Testing from SD at the moment, seems to work flawlessly on my box, RAM use started at 48-50% the first few hours without playing any file , but now it stabilized on 30% (after a forced reboot because the light went out). My videos are all h.264 in 1080p and so far they play great, Thanks Kzsaq!

• kszaq Can you recompile your libcec-daemon for this new release? I just updated and I lost CEC control when i am in the Retroarch menu. It was such a nice feature of your 7.0 builds to be able to use the CEC in Kodi and Retroarch.

Thanks in advance! You are a legend!

• hi friends I need to buy a external USB DVB-S2 tuner , can you recommend me any, that i can use without problems? thank you in advance

there is a list or something of the usb dvb-s2 tuners full compatible with this libreelec ?

Edited once, last by martimiq (February 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM).

• kszaq Can you recompile your libcec-daemon for this new release? I just updated and I lost CEC control when i am in the Retroarch menu. It was such a nice feature of your 7.0 builds to be able to use the CEC in Kodi and Retroarch.

At the moment I can't because the daemon is not compatible with libcec 4.0. :(

• Hi everyone,
    I do not know why, but last night my mk808b plus did not pass the image of kodi 17. 1 whwn booting. Some minutes later screen becomes black.

I realized that I can access through ssh, and even play my media using kore in Android.

So I guess this is a problem with the skin.
    I tried to update a few differents kszaq's builts with command wget, but I get no solution.

Toothpick method does not works in my device, and pc's can not recognize it.

I have also tried to erase the settings in order to start with estuary by default, but I only get the first screen with no fonts...
    I tried:

rm ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml

Does anybody have any idea? Or how can I make a hard reset with ssh?

Any idea will be really apreciated

Enviado desde mi MI 3W mediante Tapatalk

• :D :D :D SOLVED :D :D :D

Does anyone know the correct ssh commands to mount a Windows Share on LibreElec and i mean on LibreElec and not Kodi.

I've tried a number of ways but i always get......

File or Directory not found

Mount 192.168.1.xx not in fstab

mounting failed

or as of last night Permission Denied.

These are the commands i've tried......................
    mount -t cifs -o guest,rw //http://192.168.1.xx/Users/Public/Roms /storage/Roms
    mount -t cifs -o guest,rw \\192.168.1.xx\Users\Public\Roms /storage/Roms
    mount -t cifs -o guest,rw \\192.168.1.xx\Public\Roms /storage/Roms
    mount -t cifs -o guest,rw \\192.168.1.xx\Roms /storage/Roms

As you can see i tried both ways with / and \

#!/bin/sh
    (sleep 30;
    mount -t cifs -o guest,rw //http://192.168.1.xx/Roms /storage/Roms;
    )&^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Also all the others ways that was used above that one.

I'm sure a few other commands which i can not recall of the top of my head. I've been trying this through autostart.sh as the fstab can not be edited due to it being read only and personally i don't feel like installing Linux on my Windows 10 based PC then have to mess around with packing and unpacking things.

I've just tried nfs and smb nothing seems to work always get some kind of error or directory not found even though it is there....
    Any help would be great

:D :D :D SOLVED :D :D :D
    I managed to solve my issue.... the issue was /storage/Roms it wouldn't create the Roms folder and also Guest didn't work either so this is the command i used
    mount -t cifs -o username=?????,rw //http://192.168.1.xxx/Users/XXXX/Roms /storage/downloads/roms

Will follow up if everything runs smooth like i have planed

Edited once, last by Chewy (February 26, 2017 at 7:45 PM).

• Hi kszaq. Thanks again for a great piece of work. I have now compiled and running on my x64 HTPC, RPi3 and mk808B+. I have your LibreELEC net booting on my x64 and RPi3 (boot=NFS=192.168.1.x/... And disc=NFS=192.168.1.x/...). I would like to do the same on my MK808B+, but cannot figure out where to patch. I assume it uses u-boot?

My MK808B+ is connected to my home network via a USB to Ethernet adapter. What I would like is to boot off the home network when at home, with a customised LibreELEC setup, but boot from itself (as it is now) when I take it on my business trips to play local media as a network will not be available.

I guess it may not be possible at all to net boot?

Thanks once again.