Libreelec restarts every 10 minutes

• Hi All,

I have an issue since today with my Libreelec 7.0.3 (Kodi 16.1).

It keeps restarting while watching a content every around 10 Minutes.

I have no error message.

It display my content for around 10 minutes then black screen with juste mouse arrow, then welcome page.

I can't figure out why ... and it's very annoying !

If someone has an idea, I'll take it.

Thanks all.

Regards

Guillaume

• Hi ,

Thanks for your interest.

The computer is a intel NUC.

Network is wired with very good connection.

I stream my content which are through a Synology NAS.

I kept it on the welcome page, just for testing, and it keeps restarting even though there is no activity.

The exact duration between each retart is 14 minutes.

You are right this version is very old, and I kept this one, just because so far, well, I had no issue. Just as simple as that.

I've been using it for year and never faced this kind of issue, and I'm wondering why now all of the suden...

Any ideas?

If more information are required, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Guillaume

Edited 2 times, last by Gui26 (March 15, 2020 at 3:01 PM).

• It sounds like a hardware issue to me. Maybe overheating due to a clogged fan. I have 2 Intel NUC's (5 years old) and a wired network. I do not have your issue, but I do not keep my NUC's turned on when not being used.

• Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed blueribb, I agree with you : harware issue is a good idea.

I will though install the latest version and see if the issue still exists.

Because harware can be from a fan, can also be from the SSD drive, can be memory related.

Honnestly I have no clue to identify which piece of harware is the origin of the issue.

Thanks for orientation both of you

Regards

Guillaume

• Is the content new media or old media that has succesfully been played many times before?. It's it's new media the issue most likely lies with the media and its encoding - software update might cure that. If it's old media .. could be hardware. Anything running LE 7.x has been around for a while.