[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I have a U1 also (8.02b and U1 device tree) and audio output is set HDMI, however it goes over the optical (I only have optical inputs on my soundbar and it is not connected to my tv - just directly to cable box and U1). Pass through is enabled and soundbar receives DD and DTS. Not sure why it works, hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can explain.

Yep this is expected. Audio is output over all interfaces simultaneously. Just be sure to set the channels to 2.0 so that DD and DTS are passed through the optical. I used that same type of setup for quite a while and and it works well.

Thanks so much for the replies. Really appreciate it.

I was hoping to be able to select the SPDIF device for the "audio passthrough" section, though - which would mean that HDMI sound would be stereo (which my TV can handle), and optical would be Dolby or DTS.

Is there anything I can do to make the SPDIF device appear separately? Looking at the device tree, the details of the SPDIF device are there - which is why I can't understand why it doesn't appear in any of the "audio output" lists.

Thanks again - really grateful that I can get a bit more life out of this box (I wasn't educated enough at the time to know that Amlogic was dying out)...

• Is there anything I can do to make the SPDIF device appear separately? Looking at the device tree, the details of the SPDIF device are there - which is why I can't understand why it doesn't appear in any of the "audio output" lists.

Nope. It's how Amlogic audio driver works.

• I have uploaded a device tree for Khadas VIM board. Please people with that board confirm whether it works OK.

Kszaq, hi.

Can you help me with copying the dtb file to my installed to the internal storage system, please? 8.0.2b.

Thanks

• Kszaq, hi.

Can you help me with copying the dtb file to my installed to the internal storage system, please? 8.0.2b.

Thanks

from windows explorer \\192.XXX.ipaddress of device, then copy the device tree to the update folder or use core lite to log in & copy to the device update folder

• no I don't think so 7.0.3012k is using a nougat kernel and 8.0.2b is using a marshmallow kernel.

the overall performance in 7.0.312k seems to me better than the 8.02b .

In this old build i dont get dropped and skipped frames. 100% good playback.

Can you confirm the same daz?

• These are still test builds but they are working rather well with the occasional drop or skip often cause by the info overlay but other than that it's making headway in the right direction.