[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• My playback on .264 is so bad with stuttering and buffering on Beelink Mini MXIII II 2gb/16gb that I reverted back to 7.0.3 and it gone. I have two of those boxes and I left one with 8.01b to try and fix the issue. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

When you write "stuttering" what do you mean?

I am getting a "freeze" and slight "jump" during play of ~1 second every few tens of seconds sometime even more apart.

• If this is right, please try updating to 8.0.1a or b by placing both the .img and the gxl device tree with the right amount of ram from Index of /s905/device_trees/ (newly downloaded to ensure that you have the latest file). Maybe you are still using the default device tree that came with your box.

When you say this, do you mean put the 1.b file and the glx file in the update folder? Rename the glx file or not?

• Besides the improvement in picture quality, I have experienced much better stability watching livetv (HDhomerun h264 via mythtv.) I purposely left a channel playing at 6 am this morning and as of 2 pm it is still going strong. It may sound trivial, but this was not possible at all with any previous Krypton builds. 100% of the time I would come home to a frozen screen.

I have been able to remove the <cache> tweaks from my advancedsettings.xml for the first time with ANY LE release. So far, for me this has been the the most solid release yet.

• When you write "stuttering" what do you mean?

I am getting a "freeze" and slight "jump" during play of ~1 second every few tens of seconds sometime even more apart.

Yes, frequent starts and stops often.
    [hr]

There might be an issue with fractional frame rates in some cases in the latest build. I hope it'll be fixed in the next build.

Anyone having issues with video playback has to post samples. Without it I cannot reproduce any issue. Media info alone does not help.

Thanks again, I tried playing the same TV episode I played last night and Kodi skips over the HD streams and goes to the SD streams with buffering and stuttering. I have attached a log file

Edited once, last by frem (March 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM).

• frem We don't support piracy.

This is from your log:

• I have a enigma2 decoder, is it possible to install any PVR client to see channels(i have issues when i install the vuplus PVR client from addons)

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

• albertstroh77

I have basically the same box (ABox), the 2GB Ram model though, and I am having no problems with the newest update. Just wanted to let you know. As to your question regarding source trees, just put both in update folder, wothout renaming, and reboot machine.

Kind regards

Christian Bjerg

• I use a 905x on 4K tv. With this build I get a weird shadow (red and gray) that appears and disappears every 5 seconds. It looks like a weird graphic that is in background. Happens on menu and playback. Basically every time Kodi starts it starts. If I take my resolution to 1080p it is fine, but back at 2k4k revolution. Reverted back to "a" version and back to normal. Hard to explain but "b" not a good version for my LG 4K tv and Kodi at the 4K res.

• There might be an issue with fractional frame rates in some cases in the latest build. I hope it'll be fixed in the next build.

Anyone having issues with video playback has to post samples. Without it I cannot reproduce any issue. Media info alone does not help.

Try running "dmesg | grep frac" after playing a file with fractional framerate. You'll get something like this (time stamps omitted):

Code
    hdmitx: set clk: VIC = 93  cd = 4  frac_rate = 0

Then "echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/frac_rate_policy" and it becomes this:

Code
    hdmitx: set frac_rate_policy as 1
    hdmitx: set clk: VIC = 93  cd = 4  frac_rate = 1

The stutters are gone now. You should be able to add this to the platform_init script.
    [hr]
    Unfortunately when playing HDR WCG files, the BT.2020 color space is not signaled to the TV. This used to work on the old kernel.
    I'm running a Beelink Mini MXIII on a Sony Z9D TV through a Denon X4300H receiver.

Edited once, last by kubrickdave (March 31, 2017 at 12:49 AM).

• I have the same problem with version 8.01b, i tried to play Samsung Ocean Demo and the same thing. Sometime video is freeze and i have lot of lost frames, my box is MXQ s905x.

Can i somehow downgrade to 8.0.1a ?

• I can confirm that the 2 samples do not play correctly. I will look into this but not very soon, I have some very important family duties now. :)

It seems to me that kszaq has recently become a father, if I am putting the pieces together correctly than congratulations!! :D

• I did just by putting the old "a" version in the update folder and rebooted. Got rid of the flashing red on 4K tv when I did so, so I went back to "a" that way and back to older version.

• Hi

Just installed the latest version on my mini m8s ii. This is conected to a Samsung 4k KS8000 and samsung soundbar 2.1 hwk450. Everything is working great (4k,hdr,etc) except passthrough audio. I cannot get dts or dd audio. Is it because of libreelec or my settings?
    Please let me know.