[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi kostaman, I have the M18 and have been using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb. I haven't had any glaring issues, other than persistent sync issues with audio. Is there a reason why you have indicated the OTG port version?

I only recommended this because of the M18 specs. I don't have this box but have a box which looks identical except it is a plastic casing which i use the OTG port version.
    The gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb. device tree did not recognise the OTG port on my box when testing was done early in the development days.
    Note i have not updated this box to Krypton. I have no audio issues with Jarvis.

Edited once, last by kostaman (March 19, 2017 at 10:16 PM).

• I have latest LE8 installed on sdcard and latest LE7 installed to nand.
    I noticed every movie with subtitle has microstutter with LE8 especially when subtitle displayed.
    With LE7 I never see that.
    It can fix simple, or it is problem with kodi 17?
    Is any hope to correct this in future?
    I see many movie with subtitle and high quality original language, and this error makes watching quality of movies to unacceptable :(

• hello
    any know issues about usb hub problems?
    the sunveel Q-box 2/16 1000 LAN working fine with 8.00g
    the usb hub not recognize anfd external HD cant plugged in.
    any suggest?

• kszaq - Any input on this one ?

This thing was reported yesterday, please don't expect me to respond immediately. I had no time to look at it, yesterday I had the most important family event. I can only say that non-modified Amlogic drivers are used in my builds.

• Thanks!

Any improve with this build?

What is the reason for 32bits?

Regards.

I never ran 32bit LE, but is said to be compatible with more addons, and it is less resource hungry.
    For example, it will presumably run better when one has, say, 1GB RAM.
    There should be no difference between 32bit and 64bit image
    (built from exact same kszaq code base repository on same git tag branch).
    So any incremental improvement (or issue) is common to both (on matching versions, that is).
    Also, there was a memory leak reported in 64bit image. And next, it was reported that a fix for such leak was found.
    I am not sure if this image 64bit code has the fix (and I am not sure how to check this).

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (March 20, 2017 at 2:24 PM).

• Hello,
    really thanks for your job!
    i have 2 question:
    1) i'm using the 2gb ram version, but i'd like to buy another box for a fhd tv. the 1gb version is enough? Main difference?
    2) HDR and HLD is unsupport; there is a plan to support it or is impossibile?
    Thanks in advance!

• I am not sure if this image 64bit code has the fix (and I am not sure how to check this).

The fix is present in my both branches.
    [hr]

1GB RAM is enough. I cannot comment on HDR for the moment, I have no equipment to implement it.

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 20, 2017 at 4:20 PM).

• I have the mini m8s ii 2gb and try to boot in libreelec, but it won't boot in libreelec.
    I've used the libreec usb creator and i used rufus.

I used this build: [font]LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0g.img.gz[/font]   
    I understand that for a new install I don't need to use the devicetree. But I also tried: [font]gxl_p212_2g.dtb[/font]

I put the sd card in the player and boot in to recovery with terminal emulator.

I tried the same with a usb device. All no success, it just boots into android.
    What am i missing?

• same files worked on my mini m8s II.
    Unplug power on unit, insert sd card, then with toothpick in recovery hole in bottom, plug power. Hold toothpick in hole until LibreELEC logo appears, then pull out.

Edited once, last by Bonpensiero (March 20, 2017 at 8:33 PM).

• Known limitation/bug, see first post. Can be worked around by configuring kodi to play a file on startup. Nobody really cares, because even the first video is played fine.

Libreelec/Kodi does everything right. If it offers resolutions/refresh rates that your display cannot show, you might be left with a black screen and no way to go back!

Workaround for your buggy hdmi device: The linux kernel reads the display information from hdmi and provides it to kodi through a sys node. You can replace this node with a file, as described here: thread-1564-post-23856.html

Be advised that this should be done only if you understand basic command line use and have some idea about how linux works.

Thank you very much. Everything is working now.

Only "problem" remaining is that after reboot there seems to be no internet/network connection (wired) so Kodi throws some errors.
    5 seconds later it finds internet and I can click the error message away.
    No idea if this is a problem of my box? M8S II S905X.

Is there a way to delay loading add ons.
    So it waits for 5 seconds, finds the internet and only then loads the adding with no errors.

Is this possible?