[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Greetings,

My dear Kszaq brother; Do I mean IOCTLS Conditional Access (CI) unit?

Respects...

I'm not sure I understand your question. Beta4a fixes system calls: ioctl - Wikipedia This means that USB tuners were not working at all in beta4 and beta4a fixes this. No new functionality has been added.

However, while I can see and use bluetooth in Android, I'm finding "Bluetooth is disabled" here and I cannot see a way to enable it. If I go into LibreElec settings, I cannot see Bluetooth either.

LibreELEC Settings -> Services -> Scroll down.

• hi kszaq

my Device is running beta3 without temp sensor
    A95x - S905x | 2GB RAM | 16 GB nand | WIFI , ethernet and remote working

there are two issues

1 - i have an external WD 1 TB drive connected and working fine , but recently i connected it to my PC to add some episodes and later connected back and update
    the library but it's not showing under TV show as the rest of the old files in same directory.
    i have restarted even renamed the folders and scan again with now success.

2 - i followed the steps for update from Beta3 with temp sensor disabled to beta4a
    i have copied the beta4a.gz file with the proper device tree to Update folder using SMB network
    and restarted and no update happened.

thanks

• I have uploaded 7.90.beta4a build where I tried to solve non-working ioctls for DVB tuners. Please test this and report.

I have also updated addons repo with the latest versions from upstream libreelec-8.0 branch.

Hi kszaq, I just tried your beta4a version, but it seems that it broke my DVB setting.
    DVB was working with beta4, not working with beta4a, I can see the adapters (I have 2) in tvheadend, but they seems unable to tune the signals. I tested with both tvheadend on the repo that with the one from alf1.
    Then I rolled back to beta4 and DVB was still not working, I reinstalled the tvheadend from alf1, and it started working again.

• I'm getting: Unit brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service could not be found.

/usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000 ?
    [hr]

Hi kszaq, I just tried your beta4a version, but it seems that it broke my DVB setting.
    DVB was working with beta4, not working with beta4a, I can see the adapters (I have 2) in tvheadend, but they seems unable to tune the signals. I tested with both tvheadend on the repo that with the one from alf1.
    Then I rolled back to beta4 and DVB was still not working, I reinstalled the tvheadend from alf1, and it started working again.

Sorry, I have no idea.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 30, 2017 at 9:26 PM).

• DVB was working with beta4, not working with beta4a, I can see the adapters (I have 2) in tvheadend, but they seems unable to tune the signals. I tested with both tvheadend on the repo that with the one from alf1.

Sorry, I have no idea.

At the end it come back working.
    I just update again to beta4a (I wanted to store logs), then I discovered that making the update tvheadend disappeared from installed add-on. I reinstalled again from repo, and now it is working. I really do not know what happened (perhaps some settings were missing first time). I apologize if I caused any trouble to you and I thank you as always for your work.

• /usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000

I have got this:

LibreELEC:~ # /usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000
    bcm43xx_init
    Initialization timed out.

I can give you remote access if you're interested, otherwise I should be able to return the box easily :) I don't want to consume too much of your time. Thanks again!

• the menu delay i was experiencing is no longer there with this version (beta4) thx

still have problem with an T95X (s905X) box and video geting all messed up when switching to and from SD/HD 720p and 1080 feeds.....
    constantly flicers between a "snowy' image to blue screen
    also same issue when trying to skip ahead

nothing seems to transition smoothly as far as display goes .........
    what setting am i missing or is this standard with android to libreelec builds ?

NOTE: ok, i have managed to fix problem. Video needed to be set to 1920 x 1080 30fps / instead of 60fps
    all smooth , including skip etc

• Not sure if this is a problem with LE or Kodi but I'm having playback issues with beta4 (both temp_sensor_disabled and normal image) running via USB on Minix Neo U1 (S905). I have two 4K videos I use to stress the OS releases and with one of them the video freezes after about 6 seconds and audio keeps going for about another 10 seconds then it all stops. the U1 still responds to remote presses and hitting stop gets the player back to the menu. Both play perfectly in beta3

Debug log here: DiOK

Media info attached Allegiant Media Info.txt

Please let me know if there's anything more I can provide.

Thanks.

Duke

• I have got this:

LibreELEC:~ # /usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000
    bcm43xx_init
    Initialization timed out.

I can give you remote access if you're interested, otherwise I should be able to return the box easily :) I don't want to consume too much of your time. Thanks again!

Have you done both checks with beta4(a)? They won't show anything useful in beta3.

• hi i can't get beta3 to updated to beta 4a

my Device is running beta3 without temp sensor
    A95x - S905x | 2GB RAM | 16 GB nand | WIFI , ethernet and remote working

there are two issues

1 - i have an external WD 1 TB drive connected and working fine , but recently i connected it to my PC to add some episodes and later connected back and update
    the library but it's not showing under TV show as the rest of the old files in same directory.

2 - i followed the steps for update from Beta3 with temp sensor disabled to beta4a
    i have copied the beta4a.gz file with the proper device tree to Update folder using SMB network

thanks

here is the Logs

• scropion86 There is no need to post the same things twice.

This in not related to my build.

If no message appeared at LE splash screen, you must have put update file in a wrong folder.