[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• The bug cannot be related to PR10887 as it's not in yet. Kernel framerate automation does not work with amlvideo driver used in Krypton and that needs to be fixed. PR10887 tries to address other a/v sync/stuttering issues.

• Is it with only one video? If yes, can you upload a sample so that I can check with my devices?

If with all videos you should also check it in Android. If it's the same, I would blame faulty hardware.

• Does passthrough work on this build? It didn't work with last 1109 build on my Sherwood receiver.

Based on my quick test, I'd say yes it does. Then again, it did also work for me with the PR10887 build (that unfortunately ended up being the same as 1109, if I understood correctly).
    Having fumbled with the audio settings regarding passthrough myself, check that you have the Number of channels set to 2.0 and enabled Dolby Digital transcoding.

• Thanks for the latest update. Everything works great. HEVC videos play smoothly again. The only bug I noticed is the 41s stutter for 23.976p videos.

This might be off topic but for me the new Kodi skin has framedrops when scrolling or going through menus. The old skin (confluence) was super smooth @ 1080p60. Is there anything that can be done about that on my end or by LibreElec (except changing to a different skin)?

• OP updated with 17 beta 6 build.

Now That Is A Seriously Big Improvement In Memory Recovery !
    Now it's like my S805 as far as Memory recovery goes.
    :D

What was that all about ? Are we moving forward with 32-bit userspace (32-bit builds provide lower memory consumption)
    or going backwards going forward. ?
    This is a little over my head due to my limited knowledge in what has happened here using a 64bit chip. :huh:
    I've just loaded this version on my test box so i will report back.

Test box MiniMX 1gb/8gb S905.
    Sharp Aquos Quatron 70 inch tv
    Box to HDMI simple set up.

• Is it with only one video? If yes, can you upload a sample so that I can check with my devices?

If with all videos you should also check it in Android. If it's the same, I would blame faulty hardware.

Nope it is with every 23.976 video including youtube videos, someone else had the same problem and I never had the issues using Openelec builds.

• Now That Is A Seriously Big Improvement In Memory Recovery !
    Now it's like my S805 as far as Memory recovery goes.
    :arrow:

What was that all about ? Are we moving forward with 32-bit userspace (32-bit builds provide lower memory consumption)
    or going backwards going forward. ?
    This is a little over my head due to my limited knowledge in what has happened here using a 64bit chip. :-/

I believe there is a memory leak somewhere when compiling for aarch64 - incorrect pointer size or something. I'm not competent enough to track it down - and I've been trying to for some time - so a switch to 32-bit userspace seems like a good move. Moreover we get improved addon compatibility.

where can i manually download pvr.vuplus.enigma for arm 32?

Addon repository will be switched in a next build to my server because official LE addons have not been bumped yet. Meanwhile you can download incompatible addons manually from Index of /addons/8.1/S905/arm/

Latest krypton build needs a full clean install ?
    A simple update leads to an error: incompatibility beetween S905.arch64 and S905.arm

Have you read the first post?

• LibreELEC 7.90 (alpha) with the latest DVB and Media drivers from media_build:

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161203084603-r4-gb0d686b.img.gz

- Kodi Krypton 17.0 beta6;
    - libcec driver 4.0.0.3;
    - 32-bit userspace is not supported;
    - HD audio passthrough support;
    - updated driver for GENIATECH Mygica HDStar DVB S2 version 3.0

I tested GENIATECH Mygica HDStar DVB S2 and it works. For testing pvr.hts-3.4.10.zip as it still is not included in LibreELEC repository.
    New CEC driver fixed issue with switch-off my Onkyo av-receiver.

Edited once, last by afl1 (December 3, 2016 at 9:44 AM).