[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Tried the newest build, works ok, but crackling/poping sound is there for me in thid build and in .009 stable so I cant use LE for now :(

Will try all future builds and as soon as my issue is gone Ill switch to LE.

• It looks like the update wasn't successful at all. Can you try once again, this time without putting a device tree in Update folder

I think the screenshot will help explain what happens during the update.
    "Missing boot or System"

• I do not know if this will help but I'm going to ask for the support of Videostrong. from which kernel the driver no longer fits?.

LibreELEC Amlogic kernl source: History for arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic - kszaq/linux-amlogic-le · GitHub

Some time ago I contacted Videostrong and they sent me some driver code (I am not allowed by Videostrong to share it) but it doesn't work - I don't know if only with current kernel or at all. This means that "some" driver source is not enough, the most important task is to make it really work. I have no knowledge of DVB drivers and so I will not work on internal DVB support.

• I just ran the update and it installed fine - running beta6 and everything matches up with the img.gz.
    Hardware decoding still isn't working on mpeg-2 (ie sd satellite streams for me - turned it off and they play fine).
    Something odd's going on in libreelec settings - my bluetooth devices are showing up multiple times, which is new behaviour. No problem accessing repo's.
    One question... I'm seeing ALSA :AML-8 HDMI and ALSA :AML-8 analog audio in settings > system > audio. The analog is the default, but both give me sound via HDMI. Should I be using the default (I have audioprofilesswitcher set up to use AML-8 HDMI automatically when I unplug a BT device)?
    So far it looks good - minimal log errors starting up. Thumbs up here.

Using Beelink minimxiii on sd card.

Edited once, last by trogggy (November 10, 2016 at 11:56 AM).

• Upgraded from previous version on MiniMX 1G, updated with no problem, didn't have the issues that "kostaman" had. I am running from 8G class10 SD card, runs faster that Jarvis version, no bugs found yet with the exception of CEC issue "adapter not found" thanks for your great work. sent you a coffee. :)

• fatjanhushi  kostaman I have uploaded a .tar file with an update. Can you try using that one to update?

Mobigeek Thank you for the coffee! As for CEC, have you updated device tree? This is needed for both audio and CEC to work correctly.

kszaq Just updated successfully with your .tar file. Placed the .tar on Update folder without a dtb file. Thank you! The problem now is that I have no audio. On System Settings>Audio - Audio output device shows Default, Bluetooth Audio (pulseaudio) and can not change.
    [hr]

kszaq Just updated successfully with your .tar file. Placed the .tar on Update folder without a dtb file. Thank you! The problem now is that I have no audio. On System Settings>Audio - Audio output device shows Default, Bluetooth Audio (pulseaudio) and can not change.

Repeted update process with a dtb.img file and the audio problem is fixed. Thank you kszaq

Edited once, last by fatjanhushi (November 10, 2016 at 8:38 PM).

• Updated to the 1109 dev. version.
    Installing the DVBLink client still fails, but with different error (unable to load plugin).
    I did the following to get it working:

- Uninstall DVBlink client (after initial 'failed' install)
    - Install DVBLink client

After this, the addon loads and works very nicely.

Unfortunately, this repeats on reboot (unable to load client)
    I have to uninstall/install again to get it to work again (until next reboot).

Edited once, last by atreyu (November 11, 2016 at 8:57 AM).

• I've seen the ' unable to load client ' message for dvbviewer a couple of times (can't remember whether it was on these or Afl1's images) and disabling / re-enabling was enough to get it going. Does that work for DVBLink?

• I've seen the ' unable to load client ' message for dvbviewer a couple of times (can't remember whether it was on these or Afl1's images) and disabling / re-enabling was enough to get it going. Does that work for DVBLink?

No, i have to uinstall/reinstall. One time just 'updating' to the same version worked, which should be the same as reinstall i think.
    Puzzles me why this would occur on every boot.

• fatjanhushi  kostaman I have uploaded a .tar file with an update. Can you try using that one to update?

Mobigeek Thank you for the coffee! As for CEC, have you updated device tree? This is needed for both audio and CEC to work correctly.

Thanks Kszaq, I did copy the correct file from the 009 device tree when I did the upgrade, and have now tweaked the settings from within Kodi itself and the CEC is now working. Thanks again.

• Updated to the 1109 dev. version.
    Installing the DVBLink client still fails, but with different error (unable to load plugin).
    I did the following to get it working:

- Uninstall DVBlink client (after initial 'failed' install)
    - Install DVBLink client

After this, the addon loads and works very nicely.

Unfortunately, this repeats on reboot (unable to load client)
    I have to uninstall/install again to get it to work again (until next reboot).

I think i figured this one out.
    Never needed to before, but i thought maybe it's as simple as Kodi starting before network is fully started.
    Set wait for network for 3 seconds and the issue is gone.