[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I thought that you were asking about using LIRC with built-in IR receiver.

To sum up the changes:

• some IR drivers (I think also for devices using LIRC) were updated along with media_build update
    • LIRC with built-in IR reciever is currently not working because it requires switching off amremote (the "remote.conf" driver) and turning on meson-ir kernel module

I might sound confusing but I actually have little knowledge on this. ;)

Yep, I was.
    I'm using the built-in receiver - no usb receiver connected. My log is full of LIRC keypress refs and some keys aren't working (though they're detected by LIRC, so presumably I can map them easily enough).

So all that LIRC stuff shouldn't be happening?

• No idea. ? Do you have meson-ir kernel module loaded.

Not that I'm aware of - how do I check?
    I've literally just updated from the 23 dec build.
    Before that no LIRC. Now loadsa LIRC.

I have 2 mini mxiiis - the second is still on the previous build so I can compare the two - if I know what I'm comparing. :)

• Not that I'm aware of - how do I check?
    I've literally just updated from the 23 dec build.
    Before that no LIRC. Now loadsa LIRC.

I have 2 mini mxiiis - the second is still on the previous build so I can compare the two - if I know what I'm comparing. :)

hi trogggy,
    home button work for you ?

• hi trogggy,
    home button work for you ?

It did before the update. Not after.
    Which suggests it's not just me. Can you check your log?
    [hr]

No idea. ? Do you have meson-ir kernel module loaded.

Here we go...google-fu engaged...

Mini mxiii running latest build:

Code
    LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.90.beta1
    LibreELEC git: 869b1877659a52fb98a8d02b2d0b41d1d4b088a9
    Beelink:~ # modinfo meson-ir
    filename:       /lib/modules/3.14.29/updates/meson-ir.ko
    license:        GPL v2
    author:         Beniamino Galvani <[email protected]>
    description:    Amlogic Meson IR remote receiver driver
    depends:        rc-core
    vermagic:       3.14.29 SMP mod_unload aarch64

Mini mxiii running 23Dec build:

Code
    LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20161223194610-r25062-g308adcf
    LibreELEC git: 308adcf74b448ce29e7744160bbb23a0dd183398
    Beelink2:~ # modinfo meson-ir
    modinfo: ERROR: Module meson-ir not found.

So (presumably) yes after the update. But not before.

Edited once, last by trogggy (January 12, 2017 at 4:14 PM).

• trogggy lsmod, please.

New:

Old:

Thanks for looking.

• What is the current state of 8.0 on S905x boxes? I dont use PVR or play any strange formats. I mostly play x264 1080p files, some xvid and maybe in the future some UltraHD x265's, but 99% is x264.

Is the playback for these files fairly solid now?

• streaming sites fixed confirmed on my box as well.

strange issue: skipping backwards "behind" 0:00 makes the video stop. OSD shows that it catches up to 0:00 (from p.e. -0:05) instantly, but then it does not play. it plays again after pausing and playing or skipping forward again. want a log?

picture shift to the left is not fixed as expected.

but all in all no real world problems for me with this build, so big thanks kszaq and all devs!

Edit: I also have lirc occupying around 40% cpu according to top, command "/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd"
    want a log for that as well?

Edited once, last by juramusger (January 12, 2017 at 7:42 PM).

• kszaq,

Thanks very much for this build. It incorporates great fixes that should make my Hub up and running. So far with the Wetek Hub, it's not really usable.

Now, I tried 2 things:

1- Tried your image in post #1, but I'm getting the error that it's the wrong arch. It suggests to create the ".nocompat" dir. Is it safe to do it?
    2- I tried to compile your git branch, but I'm getting this error at the very end:

Code
    Number of gids 2
        root (0)
        unknown (81)
    cp: cannot stat 'build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-8.0-devel/image/system/usr/share/bootloader/dtb.img': No such file or directory
    Makefile:12 : la recette pour la cible « image » a échouée
    make: *** [image] Erreur 1

Now I think it's because of the bootloader upgrade on the Hub to fix the power on issue with the remote. Mine is already updated and/or I don't really need it for now.

Is there a way to bypass this or to include the "dtb.img" file in the compiling process?

I tried copying it from the official git and as soon as I type "make" it gets deleted.

Thanks for your help!

Pitou!

• Does anyone have darker picture with this new build?

Update log states;

If you use S905X device with TV without HDR support the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.

Have you tried this?

• Update log states;

If you use S905X device with TV without HDR support the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.

Have you tried this?

AFAIK my TV have HDR. With previous builds all was ok. Darker picture is not only when boot, it is all the time..
    Build 23.12.2016

New build

Edited once, last by pizzonia (January 13, 2017 at 1:31 AM).

• Official WH builds are aarch64 whilst my builds are arm and also are for all S905 devices, not only WeTek Hub. It should be safe to update to my build with .nocompat although you may need to reinstall your addons, you can read how to do this here: LibreELEC

My branch is not guaranteed to work with any target other than S805/S905 and arm ARCH.
    [hr]

People with remote control issues:

• reboot your box
    • press the buttons that do not work (and note the order of pressing)
    • post result of the following: dmesg | paste and cat /tmp/remote.conf | paste

I have checked my boxes and all factory remotes work fine, I really need the logs to debug this.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 13, 2017 at 8:49 AM).

• Hi kszaq! Excellent work! i own a MiniMXIII II 2gb and everything runs perfectly. I have tested many different files, from 720p to 2160p 60fps and everything runs as it should. No playback issues at all. I wanted to report that HDR works excellent as well. I have downloaded a few video samples with HDR and all of them played excellent.