[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Yes I love LibreELEC and admire and respect Kszaq's great work and dedication here. So I have to say that none of us here benifiting from his superb efforts should forget to send him a coffee every now and then too. Every time I have some spare coffee available I send him a cup or two as it is so easy to send as it is almost INSTANT, or at least very EXPRESS(O), so it is never a GRIND ( intended puns - groan!! ).

Thanks for the reminder - coffee sent. Kszaq builds with all the help from others that participate on these forums have made my S905, S905X and S912 boxes work fantastically well. A coffee thank you is well deserved.

• Hi all!

kszaq thanks for your great work!

Following question is to all using these builds, only because the OP already say that the functionality that I need help is not supported!

So - what is your experience with 3D movies on these builds?

My box is based on S905X SOC. Does anyone manage to watch 3D movies at all?

I'm asking because Kodi is switching it's interface to 3D mode automatically, but the picture is still separated on 2 - I've try it with HSBS movie. If it's necessary I can provide logs and sample in 1~1.5h

Thanks!

• My 64bit image build went fine but I cannot build the service/tvheadend42 addon (other addons build fine)

Code
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.tvheadend42

simply returns

the change with previous package is

Does this ring a bell?

Where shall I report this upstream?

Thanks

• kszaq: Is it possible to support video out through the AV port? Right now, my HDMI2AV converter just went dead and the only way I can use my MXQ Pro S905 is through its original Android OS with kodi v16.x. If I boot into LE 8.0.1b, all I see on my TV is the S905 Logo and then a blank screen with only audio working, i.e I can hear the sound when pressing back button, etc.

• Guys, sorry if this is obvious, but I've been trying to find the info here and failed.

I have the box MXQ Pro 4K s905.

Is the built-in WiFi supposed to be working on it?

I have no problem ssh into my MXQ Pro configured with ONLY a WiFi connection.

• Hi kszaq what with Ferguson Ariva 4K are still you dont have a drivers for tuner. And if you still dont have a drivers can i send you money for Ariva 4K for test ?

I have no almost no idea about DVB drivers, afl1 is our expert here. Have you tried using his build for KI Plus on your Ariva 4K?

• Hi,

New user, and very much new to the world of LibreELEC - but I've managed to get it up and running on my Minix Neo U1 (S905).

Thank you so much for all your brilliant work, kszaq. Before today, I'd not been able to get Kodi to "accept" that the output was set to 4K and videos were being downscaled, due to Amlogic support being pulled.

Thanks to you, I've got it working in 4K now - but I've got an audio output problem I can't get my head around.

I've used the Neo U1 device tree from the site linked to in the first page of this topic - and I've taken it from the last firmware update myself - PLUS I've tried generic ones. But I absolutely CANNOT get the optical audio port (TOSLINK) to appear in the list of audio devices.

My TV won't passthrough surround sound via HDMI, so I've got the Neo U1 connected to my sound system via an optical cable. The optical port is recognised by Kodi if I boot the Minix system - but with LibreELEC, my only choices are HDMI or Pulse bluetooth.

Other than trying different device trees, I don't know what else I can try - please can you help me? Is there any information I can provide that might give you a clue as to what's going on?

Thanks again for all your efforts, I'm genuinely really grateful to you for extending the life of my box...

• I have a U1 also (8.02b and U1 device tree) and audio output is set HDMI, however it goes over the optical (I only have optical inputs on my soundbar and it is not connected to my tv - just directly to cable box and U1). Pass through is enabled and soundbar receives DD and DTS. Not sure why it works, hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can explain.

• audio output is set HDMI, however it goes over the optical

Yep this is expected. Audio is output over all interfaces simultaneously. Just be sure to set the channels to 2.0 so that DD and DTS are passed through the optical. I used that same type of setup for quite a while and and it works well.