Heavy image interferences on tinkerboard s

• Hi guys,

I am using a Thinkerboard S and having issues with it. Everything worked fine up to version TinkerBoard.arm-9.1.501-rk3288 and all following versions even 9.2.1 are causing issues that I am not able to solve. I tried movies on my hard drive as well as videos on YouTube (Kodi YouTube plugin) and unfortunately, I am seeing in both cases just image interferences while I am watching Videos. Big pixelated blocks / clouds everywhere, not sure how to explain that properly. At least not watchable at all.

I just did a fresh installation and tested it again with 9.2.1 and unfortunately I am having the same issues.

I attached the log file, hope it is the right one.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you in advance.

Edited once, last by Nerd: Update of pastebin link (April 13, 2020 at 4:55 PM).

• Do you remember the screen mode (resolution, refresh rate) of the last working LE version?

Maybe the current LE doesn't detect the right screen mode for your device:

I think LE is searching for a wrong screen mode (1904x1072) and ends up using a too high resolution (1920x1080).

Select a lower resolution (1280×720) and try again.

• Thank you very much for your response Da Flex.

I do not remember the screen mode but I can check or even create another log with the working 9.1.501 version in the evening. I have the 501 on the mmc and tested now on an SD card. The other day I just updated 9.2.1 over 9.1.501 on the mmc and had the image interferences again. So I returned back since 9.1.501 seems for me the only working version.

I will try a lower resolution in the evening and will report back.

Thanks again

• Hi,

I checked your suggestion and used the lower resolution. Unfortunately it still looks the same heavy artefacts within the movie.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The same movie on TinkerBoard.arm-9.1.501-rk3288 looks like that:

Edited once, last by Nerd: Update pastebin links (April 13, 2020 at 4:56 PM).

• Hi,

I just tested

LibreELEC-TinkerBoard.arm-9.2-devel-20200418151009-f8b66fc-rk3288

LibreELEC-TinkerBoard.arm-9.2-nightly-20200418-f8c86fe-rk3288

unfortunately they have as well these huge artefacts all over the place.

• I have the same problem with build 9.2.6 and previous.
    Initially I updated from kodi 18.3 to 18.4 (don't remember the build number) and the flickering thing appeared, so I just rolled back and disabled the automatic updates. Today I wanted to give the 9.2.6 a try, but the same behaviour was identified. I tried to have a look at other forums regarding Libreelec flickering, and the one on the Raspberry pi 4 came out, which highlighted the fact that the problem has roots in the audio setting (although I have no competences to investigate that), video hardware acceleration and video white-listed resolutions (it doesn't accept float refresh rates). I tried to remove those white-listed resolution but there were still flickering, while with the video hardware acceleration disabled it seems to have resolved the problem.
    If someone tells me what logs you need and how to capture them maybe we can get to a solution.
    (I do have the first tinker board, not the "S" one)