LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.1

• Source: LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.1 – LibreELEC

• Nice work!

I notice the kernel version has remained at 5.1.16...

I had been secretly hoping a future version would bring this up to 5.3.0 or higher, as my J1900-based system is occasionally liable to crash as per 109051 – cstates: intel_idle.max_cstate=1 required to prevent crashes - Baytrail

I suppose this won't happen now until a Kodi-19 based release?

Thanks very much again for the great release!

There is a workaround for this if i remember well I used it on my ASRock j1900 and N3700 Boards.

I disabled High Precision timer and Steedstep (some mainboards don't have the "CPU C State Report" option for disabling only CStates), then, later I used a little script that disabled C6 and C7 state.

Regards

Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (March 13, 2020 at 1:25 AM).

• Be prepared for most of the addons to break. Seems that Python got upgraded AGAIN to something like 3.01 or something, so now Python 3.0 doesn't work. All of the recently updated to 3.0 addons are broken now (notably six is broken).

• i'm using Milhouse Intel nightly build 19 and for several plugin only need to edit addon xml if already ready for python 3

Amazon vod , audio script profiles, aeon nox kodi for example just need to edit addon.xml

• I'm guessing that Issues that cannot be reproduced are hard to fix.

What is that suppose to mean? It is a FACT that it has not been working for the longest while. I have posted about it, and YOUR team member has recognized that it is an ongoing issue, so I am confused why you would reply without checking with your colleges first.

Plot & Cast not showing on LibreELEC

I posted a simple question about it a few months ago, and I got attitude for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I don't understand how, when why or who to ask. Am I asking in a way that is offensive? Why is this so difficult? I have been using LibreELEC for so long and never had issues with the CAST showing up in TV Show episodes while playing and pressing "I"nfo on my remote. It is a problem as DaVu noticed.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thank you,

Shedrock

Edited once, last by shedrock (March 16, 2020 at 12:59 AM).

• Be prepared for most of the addons to break. Seems that Python got upgraded AGAIN to something like 3.01 or something, so now Python 3.0 doesn't work. All of the recently updated to 3.0 addons are broken now (notably six is broken).

This is not relevant for LE 9.2.x releases which are entirely Python2 based. The Python3 changes only impact LE master (will be LE10 in the future).

• Well, I just re upgraded to 9.2.1 on my pi4, just to make sure. Almost every addon is "not compatible" and disabled. This includes multiple PVRs, YouTube, six, chardet, input stream, dateutils,

Milhouse says his releases for pi2-3 changed after 0229 with the same behavior, that was his explanation.

9.2.1 is completely useless as of the moment on pi4.

• If you had (temporarily) installed a Milhouse build you have to uninstall all addons as your addons have been upgraded to Python 3 / Kodi-Matrix only versions. Starting from scratch or restoring a backup may be an easier solution.

so long,

Hias

• Hi!

I just deployed this version and struggled for quite a while trying to install a specific game emulator. Eventually, I realized this was not possible because Libreelec is 32 bit.

Are there any plans for 64 bit?

Cheers!