IR remote not working

• I install latest build in a S905x chip box (V88 PRo) but the original remote is not working at all, none of the keys have action.
    Is there something I can modify to make it working? does anyone have this issue?

Thanks

• I install latest build in a S905x chip box (V88 PRo) but the original remote is not working at all, none of the keys have action.
    Is there something I can modify to make it working? does anyone have this issue?

Thanks

Hi

On previous builds the original remote.conf (from android, without any modification from your side) was working?

in any case, please use this file, copy it to /storage/.config/remote.conf

• Great! Now mooving keys, return, audio keys are working.
    Samall problem though , Power button powers off but there is no way to power on.

Go to settings / system / power saving and choose Suspend as a shutdown function.
    Try that and see if that allows you to power it back on via remote.

• Go to settings / system / power saving and choose Suspend as a shutdown function.
    Try that and see if that allows you to power it back on via remote.

Unfortunately still the same, I can shutdown or suspend but no power on again.
    Any ideas?

• Must work, I have the same box.
    Probably you haven't executed /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config or reboot the system.

I formatted your link to remote file to a remote.conf file for BeToven , just to make it clear.
    I don't have this box. Just check you guy's are on same version of LE.
    If it works for you , it should work.
    Leave you guys to it.

• I formatted your link to remote file to a remote.conf file for BeToven , just to make it clear.
    I don't have this box. Just check you guy's are on same version of LE.
    If it works for you , it should work.
    Leave you guys to it.

What means "formatted my link" there is something wrong?
    I don't blame you is just to enhance my github repo if needed (you can send me a PR!)
    [hr]

What do you mean by execute /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config ?

To test the new remote.conf without rebooting run:

Code
    /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config

LibreELEC

Edited once, last by CGarces (October 27, 2016 at 3:17 PM).

• Hiya, does anyone have a working M18 with the std remote? EDIT: i found this: LibreELEC and will be trying that.

Would you be able to post/PM me a remote.conf file for M18 (s905). My remote.conf file seems very abbreviated compared to the ones posted here and similar to one posted on another thread. However i do see that many of the remote.conf files have the same factory code:#amlogic NEC remote
    factory_code = 0x1dcc000I will check this against mine that i extracted from my firmware and see if i can use the ones above and then map the keys from there. I do know that many of the beelink boxes use this remote:

One thing of concern is that using the kodi keymap editor is that none of the button presses are registering.

Will try and update post experimentation.

EDIT 2: works.
    I remapped some keys using the remote.conf from this post: LibreELEC and then used the one kszaq supplied as a reference and dmesg +debug flag in the file to make my custom mapping. all works. interestingly the factory codes and ircodes were completely different between the working one and the one i got from my android. no wonder it never worked. correct factory_code = 0x7f800001 for M18.

Thank You!

Edited once, last by stannoplan (December 12, 2016 at 10:33 AM).

• Hiya, does anyone have a working M18 with the std remote? EDIT: i found this: thread-524-post-6087.html#pid6087 and will be trying that.

Would you be able to post/PM me a remote.conf file for M18 (s905). My remote.conf file seems very abbreviated compared to the ones posted here and similar to one posted on another thread. However i do see that many of the remote.conf files have the same factory code:#amlogic NEC remote
    factory_code = 0x1dcc000I will check this against mine that i extracted from my firmware and see if i can use the ones above and then map the keys from there. I do know that many of the beelink boxes use this remote:

One thing of concern is that using the kodi keymap editor is that none of the button presses are registering.

Will try and update post experimentation.

EDIT 2: works.
    I remapped some keys using the remote.conf from this post: thread-524-post-6093.html#pid6093 and then used the one kszaq supplied as a reference and dmesg +debug flag in the file to make my custom mapping. all works. interestingly the factory codes and ircodes were completely different between the working one and the one i got from my android. no wonder it never worked. correct factory_code = 0x7f800001 for M18.

Thank You!

Hi, I have the same remote on MXQ. Could you post your remote.conf please, I am having trouble getting all keys to work?
    Many thanks

• Hi @ all!

I am using the Scishion V88 Pro too, but have LibreELEC 8.x installed. There was no directory /storage/config. So I created it and copied the remote.conf into this directory - but the remote is still not working.

There is also no option to choose the suspend mode in the power saving options, its greyed out.

Last interesting point: I've a logitech K400 wirless keyboard, which was running quite well after the update - now its also out of function.

Any ideas?