FF-MPEG

• Good morning I need help, I installed the version of libreelec Leia on an intel Nuc with n3050 processor on which previously Libreelec already worked previous release, from the current version I have problems with non-h264 series, I think I have written down the problem to use of the FFmpeg component that does not seem to use the HW accelerator. Despite the fact that the Nuc also manages to make H265 8bit 4k movies run quietly.

Where can I download the FF-mpeg component. Thank you

• LE packages Kodi to use ffmpeg libraries so there is no ffmpeg binary in the default OS image. We also package a normal binary version of ffmpeg in the ffmpeg-tools add-on. This is compiled with more options enabled to make it more suitable for use with other apps.

• Hi sorry if I disturb you, we had felt for a problem on Nuc n3050 intel that has no problems playing files even in H265 FullHD but I have fluency problems on SD files both xvid and divx, I installed ffmpeg as an addon but the problem exists. I don't have much experience but I seem to have deduced that the problem derives from the fact that while the .Mkv files manage to bring the Adjust display refresh down to 24fps, the .avi files leave me the display refresh at the defoult 60/50 fps of the TV. In your opinion it is possible through Advancedsettings to force the display refresh to 24fps, but only for these video formats.

Thanks Again for the help you want to give me

• Official Post

If the TV has a 24Hz mode (most will support 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60) adjust refresh will switch to the exact mode unless a mode that is "double" the refresh exists, e.g. PAL 25Hz will play at 50Hz, NTSC 29.97Hz will play at 59.94Hz if the modes exist. If the TV does not have 24Hz modes, it will default to 60Hz using pulldown. If the mode is doubled the frame is simply rendered twice.

• something similar but only for DivX and xvid formats

my current advancedsettings.xml and the following, for an Intel NUC n3050 with 4 gb of ram, 1gb of which allocated to the VIDEo memory and an internal 500gb hdd. LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.2 HotfixM

• I apologize for multiple threads, I didn't know, sorry. the tv supports 24Hz mode, the question perhaps was this: the MKv files are currently addressed at 24Hz and the Divx and Xvid are fluid especially of the tv series are at 23.86Hz in the (File) and instead they direct the TV at 60Hz.

You can edit it with (advancedsettings.xml) maybe only for divx and xvid movies. Thanks for your patience

• I tried to edit in the following way:

Now the 50Hz SDs are forced on the TV At 24Hz from the TV teport there are still rare micro-shots but abundantly more fluid they are not yet managed in a HW way by the GPU but being SD files they do not affect the CPU in a striking way, if someone had ideas to further improve my advancedsettings I would be grateful. thanks anyway for the help

• Fixed:

If necessaryI to someone I solved if not in everything but at least in part with this advancedsettings:

• I know it's kind of an old thread but as it concerns ffmpeg.

I did install the ffmpeg-tools add-on (9.2.0.110) but when I go in terminal

then the command ffmpeg --help (or -h) gives me -sh ffmpeg:command not found.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but what?

I would like to have pulseaudio to use ffmpeg and hopefully that way I can have bluetooth using apt-x codec for my headphones?

Appreciate any help,

Luc

• Thank you for your reply, however not very clear to me. I tried ffmpegx in terminal with same result. Is that something I have to install? So yes, how?

If I click on FFmpeg_tools add-on I get a message to go and look in the Libreelec.wiki for the usage of ffmpeg but I can't find anything in Libreelec.wiki concerning ffmpeg.

Cheers,

Luc

• ffmpegx is the internal package name for the ffmpeg-tools add-on.

The installed binary is /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.ffmpeg-tools/bin/ffmpeg and the path should be set.

1. Which LE version on which platform (hardware) do you use?
    2. What does "when I go in terminal" mean?
    3. There is already add-on 9.2.0.111 listed in my Generic installation.
  • Hi,

thanks for for your reply

RPI3 B+ Libreelec 9.2

after installing FF-mpeg_tools I do get the /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.ffmpeg-tools/bin/ffmpeg but when I ssh into terminal (console) I can't (couldn't) execute the command 'ffmpeg --help', I got "not found" returned. 'FFprobe --help' does work.

After some more reading-up and a talk with my good friend Google I found that I have also to install emby server, don't know why.

Anyway, I did that and yes indeed now the command 'ffmpeg --help' does return the help dump. So that's fixed.

Now I'm struggling to find a way for pulseaudio to use ffmpeg so I can have apt-x for my bluetooth headphones.

It's an uphill battle, struggling a great deal with it. Any hints are more then welcome.

Cheers,

Luc

• Hi,

as stated, after installing 'Emby' everything is fine

So now I 'll have to figure out how pulseaudio will be able to use ffmpeg so I will be able to use apt-x codec for my bluetooth headphones.

Thanks for your support,

Cheers,

Luc