Posts by skycamel

There's an easy way to relieve you of the API-key input "pain" for the Youtube add-on, just activate the addon's web interface so you can copy paste all the key's.

In the Kodi Youtube-add-on settings go to http and activate web interface and set ip to local (127.0.0.1).

Make sure in the API settings the "allowed to use developer key" is set to true.

Go into your pc browser and go to yourkodiipaddress:50152/API and copy paste.

Cheers

I hoped I would have gotten some more response on this subject. Today a lot of Bluetooth headphones can handle apt-x(HD) or aac.

Also there's a pulseaudio-module-bt available with all these codecs included ( GitHub - EHfive/pulseaudio-modules-bt: [Maintenance only] Adds Sony LDAC, aptX, aptX HD, AAC codecs (A2DP Audio) support to PulseAudio on Linux)

but Libreelec seems to be a "closed" OS, so impossible for me to add that to my RPI3+ Libreelec.

Maybe some developer could shed some light on this? Maybe leave a "backdoor" so we can add this ourselves?

Cheers,

Luc

I don't use the RPI 3B+ integrated Bluetooth but an usb dongle with a csr8510 a10 chip who is apt-x compatible.

When I connect my bluetooth headphones I see (with hcidump avdtp) that both atp-x and a2dp-sbc as capable codec but chooses the sbc.

So how can I force Kodi to use atp-x instead of sbc? (while outputting sound to my headphones using pulseaudio)

Hi,

I've seen a thread of a few years old here talking about using the apt-x codec for bluetooth headphone connection but there wasn't any continued follow up.

So my question, does anyone have any idea how I can get bluetooth to use apt-x with my headphone?

Cheers,

Luc

Hi,

as stated, after installing 'Emby' everything is fine

So now I 'll have to figure out how pulseaudio will be able to use ffmpeg so I will be able to use apt-x codec for my bluetooth headphones.

Thanks for your support,

Cheers,

Luc

Hi,

thanks for for your reply

RPI3 B+ Libreelec 9.2

after installing FF-mpeg_tools I do get the /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.ffmpeg-tools/bin/ffmpeg but when I ssh into terminal (console) I can't (couldn't) execute the command 'ffmpeg --help', I got "not found" returned. 'FFprobe --help' does work.

After some more reading-up and a talk with my good friend Google I found that I have also to install emby server, don't know why.

Anyway, I did that and yes indeed now the command 'ffmpeg --help' does return the help dump. So that's fixed.

Now I'm struggling to find a way for pulseaudio to use ffmpeg so I can have apt-x for my bluetooth headphones.

It's an uphill battle, struggling a great deal with it. Any hints are more then welcome.

Cheers,

Luc

Thank you for your reply, however not very clear to me. I tried ffmpegx in terminal with same result. Is that something I have to install? So yes, how?

If I click on FFmpeg_tools add-on I get a message to go and look in the Libreelec.wiki for the usage of ffmpeg but I can't find anything in Libreelec.wiki concerning ffmpeg.

Cheers,

Luc

I know it's kind of an old thread but as it concerns ffmpeg.

I did install the ffmpeg-tools add-on (9.2.0.110) but when I go in terminal

then the command ffmpeg --help (or -h) gives me -sh ffmpeg:command not found.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but what?

I would like to have pulseaudio to use ffmpeg and hopefully that way I can have bluetooth using apt-x codec for my headphones?

Appreciate any help,

Luc

Mind you, I certainly didn't expect you(r team) to do this. I understand you can't make hundreds of flavors to accommodate every single user.

I just thought that would be something (with a little help of course) I could do myself through console. Modifying a source, recompiling , etc... is way above my pay grade LOL. To a layman it always looks simpler than it actually is ;)

Maybe I will give a "full extended" Linux distro a go and install kodi on that, or even give it a try to install Kodi on the embedded Windows (7) standard.

Thanks anyway for your insight.

Cheers,

Luc

Hi,

sorry for my late reply, was "off grid"

I already have a RPI 3B and that's working fine, use it everyday, thanks.

However, as I wanted to have an extra one for my daughter, and I have a few HP T510 available I thought I will give it a try.

I know there're some issues with the driver but now there seems to be a driver "OpenChrome" available for the VX900 in Linux so any idea if I somehow could install this in Libreelec?

Cheers,

Luc