Does not boot at all

• Hi, i've tried the tool on 3 usb drives but no joy at all.

After running the steps there is no error msg or something. Tried both ways to make the usb drive. The prog. Says it done. No error msg
    It wont boot at all. No error msg.
    I use a pi3
    3 different thumpdrives. 3.0
    Os=windows 10
    Img 7.02 and the newest one 7.90.007
    Please i can use some help now.

• At the moment, the Raspberry Pi 3 box can only boot from the microSD card slot, and not from any of the USB port slots.

So use the USB-SD Creator to format a suitable microSD card for your RPi3, and have it boot from the microSD card.

• At the moment, the Raspberry Pi 3 box can only boot from the microSD card slot, and not from any of the USB port slots.

So use the USB-SD Creator to format a suitable microSD card for your RPi3, and have it boot from the microSD card.

I'm having the same issue: installed LibreELEC with USB Creator tool, no error messages, stuck at rainbow screen.

I am booting from the microSD slot.
    Everything works great if I flash Rasbian to the same card and boot.

• stuck at rainbow screen

This means you have downloaded the wrong image for your RPi. If you have a RPi3 you have to choose the image for RPi2/RPi3. It seems you have used the image for RPi1 which is wrong then.

RPi2/RPi3 are using the same image. There is no difference between them. But you can´t use that image for the RPi1 and you can´t use an image which is for the RPi1 for RPi2/RPi3. For the RPi1 you have to use the specific image.

Actually, the new boot code has been released and you CAN boot a Raspberry Pi 3 from a USB WITHOUT an SD card. Please Google and do the research. This is new code, though, and is not the "official" release. I've done the firmware update on my three Pi 3's and booted right into Jessie on all of them. We're just waiting for LibreElec to get a final release of the firmware, I suppose. For now, I'm looking at other builds, including installing right on top of Jessie Lite.

• There are no plans to confuse people with multiple boot methods as RPi3 hardware does not support the feature without updates first, and we prefer to avoid 5000+ "flashed a USB stick and it doesn't work" forum posts. At some future point when RPi4 comes along with USB-boot support from the start we'll entertain the idea.

• This means you have downloaded the wrong image for your RPi. If you have a RPi3 you have to choose the image for RPi2/RPi3. It seems you have used the image for RPi1 which is wrong then.

Unlikely... I have a RPi3 and I downloaded this file:
    LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.img.gz?mirrorlist

and when I md5sum it I get:
    ae949489a8b4d5517f65a4f842e05789 LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.img.gz

which matches the link above.

Could it be anything else??

• Well then you have an RPi 1 B+ and not an RPi2.

Damn, I am the greatest, the biggest idiot in the world. My Pi is the 1B...
    Holy shit, what happen to me :huh:

So it makes me think that I must buy the RPi3 ... :D

Thank you Grimson for not overwhelmed me. I really need to take a vacations ... :cool:

• Hi, new to the forum and I am having the same problem as Daborg and Buckofama. I bought the RPi3, downloaded the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.img.gz just fine on my SanDisk Ultra Plus microSDCH UHS-I card. When I hit "write" and yes, it freezes up. The only message I get is the "Lockup Error" block saying that the file is not responding. Has anyone else received this message