Install Problem - Just Loops

• Hi
    Trying to install onto a new build HTTPC and created the USB disk and it boot to a screen where it says wait for installer to start or press tab for more options. If I just leave it after about 15 seconds it reboots and goes back to the same screen and if I hit TAB and type installer it does the same. I have tried it with 4 USB keys and it does the same on them all and just wont get past that screen. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

David

Edited once, last by derfuk (April 27, 2017 at 8:48 AM).

• More details / specifications, please... Who knows you may be trying to install LibreELEC on a coffee machine.

Hi
    I think the fact that I said a new build HTTPC indicates it is not a coffee machine and the clues are in the message as to what it is but just so you know its not a coffee machine its a PC.

• Hi

I thought these sort of forums are supposed to be for help and not sarcasm but for those that wish to know everything it is an Antec case, 500watt PSU, Samsung DVD Writer, MSI Motherboard (Model FM2-A55M E33), Onboard AMD HDMI Graphics adapter, 4 Gig Samsung Memory, Samsung 1Tb HDD (Model ST1000LM024). Now for the bit that somebody may be able to help with.

I have put the HDD in another machine and it all installed fine but when I put it back in the machine I want it in it comes up with info about SATA 0, 1, 2, 3 and then has a line saying skipping startup.nsh or press any key to continue and no matter what I do it just goes to the root prompt (can't put a picture of it all up sorry). This indicates to me that it is something in the bios halting it from recognizing the HDD but the only setting I have is UEFI or Legacy+UEFI and then the various boot order and no matter how I alter it I always get the same. I know that it is ether me missing something simple or for some reason its not compatible with my board. It is the Generic Intel/AMD/Nvidia 8.01 version I was installing.

I know the install went fine as if I put the HDD back into my laptop it all boots into Kodi fine so it is an issue with my motherboard or my blindness missing the obvious. I know the board itself is fine as it was working fine on a Win 10 install.

• When you boot from USB stick do you see boot prompt? If yes type live and press enter. Does system boots in this case?

Hi
    When I boot from USB it doesn't boot, I get the boot prompt and it makes no difference if I type live or run the system just restarts and goes back to the prompt again. It seems that it is not finding the HDD to actually boot even though it shows in the bios and I know the drive works fine as the install went fine when I put the drive in my laptop. It is as if my board HDD driver is not compatible with this version which I find hard to believe.
    [hr]

And I always thought that users, who might need help from others, should answer the questions which are needed to solve their problem.

asking for answers to questions is fine it was the sarcasm it included that I saw no need for

Edited once, last by derfuk (April 28, 2017 at 8:46 AM).

• If you can't boot from USB stick either then this has nothing to do with HDD. Maybe it is some graphic issue which causing system to reboots. Sadly this is out of my knowledge.

• asking for answers to questions is fine it was the sarcasm it included that I saw no need for

For your information... We are not a multi-million dollar and 'listed' company with business-like approaches.

Sarcasm?! If our (my) humor is already a problem... Lighten up. There is already too much bullshit going on in our so-called "advanced' society. And yes, you did not give us any real details go work with. So we needed to trigger you a bit. Simply put, not all computers are similar to yours. LibreELEC runs on all types of computers, roughly from the year 2006 to present. Meaning, not all computers react the same to certain issues. So without enough pieces to that puzzle, we simply need(ed) more information.

The USB-SD creator does have a smaller target audience in computers, but the logic remains the same: Not every computer is alike.

• Hi

Managed to get it sorted and please don't ask me how as it really did just all of a sudden boot into Kodi but now I have another problem as I have installed the TvHeadend PVR bit but when I go in to the backend via 192.168.1.***:9981 and enter into the configuration it is not showing any TV adapters and I have an internal card with 2 x DVB-s and 2 x DVB-t and I have also plugged in my compro USB one and it is showing up nothing