[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• This project is fantastic.

I recently purchased a MXQ PRO 4K box which was listed to have a S905W, but I was surprised to see in Android that it has a RK3229 board (checked in CPU-Z too). If I boot to recovery it lists the board as a RK322x.

I have tried the RK3228a MXQ PRO 4K image listed on the releases page and it booted fine but without wifi working. Is it possible that my board is actually a RK3228a and android is telling me lies? I've been trying to research the variations of the board/wifi and how to detect them properly but haven't found much information.

Is it likely that the wifi on my MXQ PRO 4K isn't supported, and should I just go grab a USB wifi dongle? Are most dongles supported?

A lot of questions - if anyone can answer any of them I'll be greatly appreciative.

I recently purchased a MXQ PRO 4K box which was listed to have a S905W, but I was surprised to see in Android that it has a RK3229 board (checked in CPU-Z too). If I boot to recovery it lists the board as a RK322x.

I have tried the RK3228a MXQ PRO 4K image listed on the releases page and it booted fine but without wifi working. Is it possible that my board is actually a RK3228a and android is telling me lies? I've been trying to research the variations of the board/wifi and how to detect them properly but haven't found much information.

Is it likely that the wifi on my MXQ PRO 4K isn't supported, and should I just go grab a USB wifi dongle? Are most dongles supported?

A lot of questions - if anyone can answer any of them I'll be greatly appreciative.

There's more versions of this box. One with Amlogic s905 and second with Rockchip RK3229.
    I'm just in the middle of helping my friend to install Libreelec on the same box – MXQ PRO RK3229 – but the remote control stopped working. Is there any fix for that? He's using BT mouse for now but it's not ideal.

Discriminating between rk3229 and rk3228a/b at the moment is not certain, and AFAIK there are no easy-to-handle android tools which are able to tell if you got the former or the latter in a certain way.

There are some technicalities which can give us hints, but they are not at the reach of regular users (ie: tinkering with trust OS, reading the efuse, etc...)

From another point of view, rk3229 and rk3228a/b are quite similar, you can read the differences in the first page.

Wifi depends upon the chip installed on the tvbox, so you should open it and look for the chip, but if it does not work out of the box it is likely not yet supported, nonetheless it could be useful to know if you got a new/uncommon wifi chip or a common one. You would probably like to use an USB dongle for the time being.

There's more versions of this box. One with Amlogic s905 and second with Rockchip RK3229.
    I'm just in the middle of helping my friend to install Libreelec on the same box – MXQ PRO RK3229 – but the remote control stopped working. Is there any fix for that? He's using BT mouse for now but it's not ideal.

Remotes should be configured first since it is very common that they use different codes. There are tutorials here and there on the forum. The procedure is the same for all the vendors, so the tutorials in the amlogic section will apply to these boxes too.

• Discriminating between rk3229 and rk3228a/b at the moment is not certain, and AFAIK there are no easy-to-handle android tools which are able to tell if you got the former or the latter in a certain way.

There are some technicalities which can give us hints, but they are not at the reach of regular users (ie: tinkering with trust OS, reading the efuse, etc...)

From another point of view, rk3229 and rk3228a/b are quite similar, you can read the differences in the first page.

Wifi depends upon the chip installed on the tvbox, so you should open it and look for the chip, but if it does not work out of the box it is likely not yet supported, nonetheless it could be useful to know if you got a new/uncommon wifi chip or a common one. You would probably like to use an USB dongle for the time being.

Remotes should be configured first since it is very common that they use different codes. There are tutorials here and there on the forum. The procedure is the same for all the vendors, so the tutorials in the amlogic section will apply to these boxes too.

Thank you for the detailed and insightful answer.

I've concluded that I have a RK3228a/b board, due to only having the 3228a/b mainline image work (without wifi and CEC). I've got a dongle now that works so I'm set.

Appreciate the help.

• Взаимодействие с другими людьмиВзаимодействие с другими людьми

Да, я знаю, что опаздываю, на 8)этой неделе добавлю новые сборки. Все, что выпущено RK322x, уже объединено в моем репо ... вы можете построить себя, если хотите

Hi knaerzche, hi to all.
    Please tell me,

How can I turn off at compilation such a parameter, which is designated as "Adjust display refresh rate" in the kodi?

The fact is that I tried to disable this parameter in the "appliance.xml" file. But in any case, the display frequency adjusted to match video (the screen goes blank for 2 seconds). For some reason, the LibreELEC team builds images "on start/stop" for rockchip, and for x86_64 this parameter is disabled by default. Where can it be disabled in the git (in which file, in which piece of code)?

Thank you.

• I just tested this on my MXR 4K box, (with RK3229 chip)

Only played with it 5 minutes, but looks like everything works out of the box :) (dit not copy any other device tree or anything, just wrote your file to SD card)

LAN, Wifi, Sound,

and what chocking is , even my remote works !!!!!! I spend a few day's with alot of help from user SpikeSP87 to get my remote to work on the standard build, and I gues you have the same remote :) :)

Build does have the same problem that even unmapped if I dare press the blue VOL+ button the box kills itself :)

(so thats defenatly a hardware issue between my box and kodi/libreelec)

Thank you for this build, I can now move this box from KODI 18.5 to 18.8

Hans

• Glad to know it was useful :D.

However I'll forgot to mention that I've only builted(and shared) knaerzche repo with latest commits. Nothing more, nothing less :)

• Glad to know it was useful :D.

However I'll forgot to mention that I've only builted(and shared) knaerzche repo with latest commits. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Hmm ?

dit knaerzche's build get updated ? because I was using his LE9.2 and that has KODI 18.5

and his LE9.80 I could never get to boot on my box (the one Spike build for me I could, but that had KODI Alpha 19)

or do you mean you updated the KODI to 18.8 in Knaezche's build ?

(sorry for beeing a noob , im learning, but eager to learn :) )

Hans

• the source code of the stable branch (libreelec 9.2)

GitHub - knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv at libreelec-9.2

is updated, but @knaerzche's images not yet.
    So I've cloned his repo and build the image for my box by myself.

Am I the only one having trouble with the libreelec repo?

I noticed that some packages have urls which are wrong or out of date

For example rockchip has removed the source code of the mpp package. But on github I found a fork

GitHub - HermanChen/mpp: Rockchip MPP(Media Process Platfrom)

that still works.

• check my gdrive folder :)

It works Thank You...

But is one big problem unfortunally - Libreelec Add-ons repository not works - I have message "could not connect to repository". It's worked in previous knaerzche's version....

So I can't install PVR Mediaportal add-on :(. Any help please?......

• Hi Everyone

I am new in LibreELEC but it seems a great Linux distro trying to rescue for new live for odies TV BOX or TVBOX wih quality doubted.

The most famous and sold in Brazil is the MXQ PRO RK3229 (ARM V7 - 4 core), 4 G RAM and 64 ROM

Unfortunately, I have one, ;(;( MXQ PRO RK3229 (ARM V7 - 4 core), made in China, tis box is very SLOW becoming
    an impossible action like to run a KODI ...

in addition many times it crashed (stricked) without reason.

So, I want to install another OS and/or firmware to become it useful for me, at least as a Linux console.

I read many threads but anyone or none of them brings my requests such:

Someone, could give a TRUST image to flash in a SD card and run it
    What is the image that you used? Where is it? the board is a rk30board. RockSHIP(T)
    How did you flash it?

Normally I use

# dd if=IMAGE_FILE.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4096 status=progress conv=fdatasync

for a SD-CARD.

is any difference for LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin ?

Someone could you give all the steps in detail?:):):):)

Thanks indeed for all

Claudio

• Why do you ask things that have already been described in detail in the first page of the thread?

• Jock2

Sorry, can not identify such "answers". There is a discussion around RK3229 but nothing precisely about the last firmware, where is it, if works or no.
    Please, let me know again about my worries.
    Give again such answers.... I have ever the same problems reported here ... I can not boot under RK3229 ... with such RAM and ROM described.
    Do you have some success on it?

cc

• Jock2

Sorry, can not identify such "answers". There is a discussion around RK3229 but nothing precisely about the last firmware, where is it, if works or no.
    Please, let me know again about my worries.
    Give again such answers.... I have ever the same problems reported here ... I can not boot under RK3229 ... with such RAM and ROM described.
    Do you have some success on it?

cc

Have you tried images for rk3228 instead of rk3229!?!? Keep in mind that often rk3228 boxes are sold as rk3229.

Try to flash an image for rk3228 (for example the alfawise a8).

Unfortunately with these boxes, you have to try until you find the right image