[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• Thank you. I followed these steps and everything looked to be ok, but when I tried to start the system I got an error message "failed to start login service". The system starts but a lot of services are no running (ssh, etc). I think I will have to back to the original image.

It's strange because

- I'm using an image with this patch

- the two files are used only with software decoded streams(during my experiments, eventually broken shaders cause only black screen during playback)

I forgot to say that the whole procedure must be performed as super user, because otherwise there is the risk that the resulting filesystem may have wrong permissions.
    In any case, the correct procedure would be to recompile the image with the patch. I'll try to send it to the project maintainer.

• It's strange because

- the two files are used only with software decoded streams(during my experiments, eventually broken shaders cause only black screen during playback)

I forgot to say that the whole procedure must be performed as super user, because otherwise there is the risk that the resulting filesystem may have wrong permissions.
    In any case, the correct procedure would be to recompile the image with the patch. I'll try to send it to the project maintainer.

I'll try again as root. Thanks for your attention.

Edit. Everything is working fine now. Thank you

Edited once, last by jaum20: feedback (June 17, 2020 at 3:36 PM).

• Code
    hi, I would like to ask if it is normal that my Mxq pro with 9.2 libreelec reaches temperatures of over 90 ° C and I tried to mount the one for mxq and for v88k but the temperatures are always around 90 degrees.
  • Code
    hi, I would like to ask if it is normal that my Mxq pro with 9.2 libreelec reaches temperatures of over 90 ° C and I tried to mount the one for mxq and for v88k but the temperatures are always around 90 degrees.

In my Rockchip, the average is around 70 ºC

• mine is a 3229 and goes between 85 degrees and 93, how come yours reaches 70?

Use a lighter skin like quartz and see if something changes

It's strange because

Okay. I redid the whole thing as root and everything is fine now. Thanks

• occasionally it also happens to me that it restarts itself but I don't know if the cause and the high temperature

Have you tried with another power supply ?!

Regarding temperature, I renewed the thermal paste of the heat sink and the CPU is fresher

• ilmich: I didn't test your patch yet, but I'm pretty sure it will improve things on RK322x - so feel free to add an PR to my repo: best place it under https://github.com/knaerzche/Libr…2x/patches/kodi. I can't speak for LE or kodi, but I doubt it will be accepted by either. I'm planing to update the legacy images in near future and it would be great if we could have it in.

MIKMXIII : I also noticed this overheating on one (and only: one) of my devices. I didn't figure out yet why is that - but please: Don't blame LE for that - its the BSP kernel which produces that. The very same device stays "cool" when using a mainline kernel.

• aldelph if you somehow modified your internal emmc/nand in order to boot armbian use le images will no longer work, since the bootsequence is different. my images are intended to work on an unmodified internal storage. so to get it booting: revert internal storage back to android or erease it completly. also I'm not sure if rufus works for writing le images - you should use LibreELEC USB-SD Creator! – LibreELEC for that purpose.

MIKMXIII see first post how to get the mainlline images (note: there are some regressions regarding supported features)

• aldelph if you somehow modified your internal emmc/nand in order to boot armbian use le images will no longer work, since the bootsequence is different. my images are intended to work on an unmodified internal storage. so to get it booting: revert internal storage back to android or erease it completly. also I'm not sure if rufus works for writing le images - you should use LibreELEC USB-SD Creator! – LibreELEC for that purpose.

MIKMXIII see first post how to get the mainlline images (note: there are some regressions regarding supported features)

can you teach me how to extract dtb from image and use it to boot libreelec? v88 mars is the only bootable one i can find from your repo but my box restarts after a few seconds. i tried extracting dtb using rockchip android tool in windows and replace the existing one in the v88 mars image but it doesnt boot.

• ongkal You can't use dtbs from android for libreelec .... esp. not when you orignal dtb is for kernel 3.10. Have you tried Alfawise A8 image also? If it doesn't work either, attach your extracted dtb here ... I'll have a look on it. Transforming isn't that easy: you'll have to know both kernels (4.4 and 3.10) in detail.

• ongkal You can't use dtbs from android for libreelec .... esp. not when you orignal dtb is for kernel 3.10. Have you tried Alfawise A8 image also? If it doesn't work either, attach your extracted dtb here ... I'll have a look on it. Transforming isn't that easy: you'll have to know both kernels (4.4 and 3.10) in detail.

thanks man. yeah. that one doesnt boot for some reason. can you check the attached dtb? thank you so much, man.rk-kernel.dtb.txt