RPI 4B: Cannot connect to Wifi

• I can't seem to connect to wifi at all.

Brand new installation of 9.2.0. Getting input/output errors.

Cannot paste logs.

Ethernet. Is. Not. An. Option. Do. Not. Even. Suggest. It.

• Ethernet. Is. Not. An. Option. Do. Not. Even. Suggest. It.

Instead of being aggressive in your post (Which is probably why no one else has bothered to answer), it would have been been better to mention why you cannot connect via Ethernet.

If you're using the internal Wifi, then you shouldn't have any issues. I've connected multiple times with multiple RPi4's. Try supplying screenshots and describe what you are doing.

It might be your SSID or password that are causing the problem, rather than LE itself.

Without the logs, it's going to be difficult to diagnose.

• Instead of being aggressive in your post (Which is probably why no one else has bothered to answer), it would have been been better to mention why you cannot connect via Ethernet.

If you're using the internal Wifi, then you shouldn't have any issues. I've connected multiple times with multiple RPi4's. Try supplying screenshots and describe what you are doing.

It might be your SSID or password that are causing the problem, rather than LE itself.

Without the logs, it's going to be difficult to diagnose.

I have had nothing but issues. I'm not supplying screen shots, I'm not supplying logs. I'm certainly not going to supply you with an explanation as to why I can't connect via Ethernet.

I'm certainly not going to change SSIDs or Passwords when all of this seems to work perfectly under the same OS on My 3B+

This is a problem with this version of LibreELEC for the 4B, and it needs to be fixed. ASAP.

• I have had nothing but issues. I'm not supplying screen shots, I'm not supplying logs. I'm certainly not going to supply you with an explanation as to why I can't connect via Ethernet.

I'm certainly not going to change SSIDs or Passwords when all of this seems to work perfectly under the same OS on My 3B+

This is a problem with this version of LibreELEC for the 4B, and it needs to be fixed. ASAP.

I don't understand why you can't supply the needed information to help with troubleshooting your problem

• I have had nothing but issues. I'm not supplying screen shots, I'm not supplying logs. I'm certainly not going to supply you with an explanation as to why I can't connect via Ethernet.

You are in no position to demand anything. Certainly not with such a shitty & totally uncooperative attitude.

I wouldn't be surprised when this is simply a case of PEBKAC. (Sure, google that).

Personally, I'd say you sound like nothing else but a troll.

"Do not even suggest it"...

Goodbye, and good luck with your RPi4.

• You are in no position to demand anything. Certainly not with such a shitty & totally uncooperative attitude.

I wouldn't be surprised when this is simply a case of PEBKAC. (Sure, google that).

Personally, I'd say you sound like nothing else but a troll.

"Do not even suggest it"...

Goodbye, and good luck with your RPi4.

I'm in a position to demand this actually. It's a perfectly basic function of what alleges to be a working OS, that can't seem to do something as simple as connect to Wifi.

Any time I do post logs for anyone anywhere, they look at the logs say "yup" and offer no sort of solution, so you're not getting logs of any kind out of me.

Troll? That's rich coming from some does-it-for-free forum jannie with a superiority complex based on that alone.

Multiple people have complained about this very thing,and no sort of thread offers a solution outside of blaming your users for this, is this really how its going to go down?

• I don't understand why you can't supply the needed information to help with troubleshooting your problem

I don't understand why it doesn't work in the first place. I don't understand why you need "logs" figure this out. It's the simplest function of the entire OS.

• I don't understand why it doesn't work in the first place

I have two Raspberry Pi 4B devices here. I have now used either LibreELEC 9.2.0, Raspbian Buster or Ubuntu Mate 18.04.3 on both of them. I don't use wifi, all is ethernet here. I plug in the cables, the RPi4's work. Why it wouldn't work on your RPi4 (besides a hardware technical failure), I don't know. Perhaps your router's DHCP/MAC pool is full?!? What info on the Network page in Kodi is being displayed?

Being aggressively hostile on not sharing further info does not help. It's the simplest of courtesies you can extend.
    So you can either work with us, or find support elsewhere. The choice is yours.

• I have two Raspberry Pi 4B devices here. I have now used either LibreELEC 9.2.0, Raspbian Buster or Ubuntu Mate 18.04.3 on both of them. I don't use wifi, all is ethernet here. I plug in the cables, the RPi4's work. Why it wouldn't work on your RPi4 (besides a hardware technical failure), I don't know. Perhaps your router's DHCP/MAC pool is full?!? What info on the Network page in Kodi is being displayed?

Being aggressively hostile on not sharing further info does not help. It's the simplest of courtesies you can extend.
    So you can either work with us, or find support elsewhere. The choice is yours.

No the routers DHCP/MAC pool isn't full.

I'm not trying to be aggressively hostile, I'm really not. I stated that ethernet wasn't an option in the very first post as to dissuade people from even suggesting using it. I would use ethernet if I could,but my routers are based upstairs. I rent an apartment, I am prohibited by my lease from running cables through the walls.

I'm really not trying to be a dick, but you have to see my point of view. I have a Raspberry Pi 3B+ that has zero issue connecting to wifi here, and working successfully. Why wouldn't the 4B be able to do the same without having to change settings?

Now, I ran echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=GB” > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf last night, and it seems to work, so this could be considered solved.

• Not sure why this thread became so hostile, but there certainly seems to be a problem with the Pi4 WiFi with Libreelec ver. 9.2.0+

I have had nothing but problems recently, and I'm a Network Engineer with 27 years of experience. I'm using ASUS routers and they function perfectly.

Today the issue culminated in my Pi4 failing with i/o errors.

Changing channels etc... is not a solution, it is a work around. Changing to channel 10 is certainly not a solution, especially if the end user has neighbors congesting those frequencies (Which for me is the case).

I understand that Libreelc is Open Source and a volunteer project but also think anyone offering solutions here should understand that it is extremely frustrating for those trying to solve BASIC connectivity failures, to find such a severe lack of information on the subject.

All that said I hope someone here has some knowledge to offer on the subject. I'm going to do a full reset, and luckily I have a backups I can restore from, but I have no confidence it will resolve the issue, as it seems to be very common and very persistent.

Any info would be helpful and I offer my sincere thanks in advance.

chewitt in regards to echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=GB” > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf is there a reason the region is not pulling from the Kodi config or is not part of the set up options during install? I would think that the region should be part of the initial setup and not just defaulted to GB as I would guess that the vast majority of users are not in Great Britain. Any rate thank you for the tip, I will connect the pi to my laptop and give that a try.

DigDog

• chewitt thank you much. Seemed to solve the problem, and it occurred to me I may have misunderstood the nature of the solution, in that it may not be changing a default but rather adding a config setting? Either way the fix is much appreciated.

DigDog

• Users tend to focus on "my device can do 802.11b/g/n/ac" but in reality WiFi is a lot more nuanced than "n" and "ac" as each country can (and most do) set their own wireless regulations which dictate the radio properties a router can legally use in that country. Until recently forcing a specific country has been a very occasional thing which is why it's remained an SSH console hack. RPi4 appears to be changing the requirement; more users are using its built-in WiFi as it's more usable (RPi3/3+ aren't good for WiFi) and there are a lot more users (RPi4 is popular) and it's somewhat important to set the radio properties of the WiFi card to match the router if you want everything to work correctly. LE master branch (will be LE10) already has the config setting moved to the GUI. Next step will be to add something into the setup wizard. If we create a 9.2.3 release (not yet, but if/when Kodi do an 18.7 releasae we'll bump) I'll ask for the first part to be backported.