Update problem

• Manual Update finished downloading 9.0.2 but there is no expected reboot or message . Forcing reboot shows no change, still 8.2.5

Also, I've tried using Filezilla placing the tar file on /storage/.update with same result after rebooting.

Any suggestions please?

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0.2.img

• Can you update from 8.2.5 to 9.0.2?

I think you need to do a fresh install.

You might be able to create a backup, save it somewhere, then restore after a fresh install, not sure if it will work.

• AFAIK, there is no system partition size difference between LE v8 and v9, so upgrading should work.

Can you check if there are some leftover files/folders in the ~/.kodi/temp folder that somehow might interfere?

• AFAIK, there is no system partition size difference between LE v8 and v9, so upgrading should work.

Can you check if there are some leftover files/folders in the ~/.kodi/temp folder that somehow might interfere?

I checked and the temporary folder is empty.

• Are this installations made with OpenELEC back in the days ?

If they were made with OpenELEC it is likely that your partition is too small.

From the initial LE 7.0 onwards these partition is 512mb at LE instead of 256mb at OE.

No, first installation was made with LibreELEC 8.0 and partition size is 512MB with 370MB of free space.