Problem with composite video

• I have installed the latest version of libreelec but I need to use the analog output, but it gives me a failure on TV because of the NTSC mode. I have edited the config.txt and I have set the sdtv_mode = 2, with which when starting the logo screen it goes well, but the kodi does not start the screen goes black. Let's see if someone can help me.

• Are you sure Kodi does not start or it's the TV that does not recognize the resolution kodi is set to..

Can you access your libreelec from a network?

What comes to mind is I would start libreelec on another TV via HDMI...then install VNC and connect to analog output again and change resolution from VNC..Probably there are other more technical options with sdtv_mode = 2 one of them but it's not working for you so try that..

Edit...or try to set libreelec on lowest resolution available via hdmi on another tv before you connect to your older tv

• I believe that the only problem is the Ntsc system, I have to put it in Pal to put it into a pal modulator and thus distribute it throughout the house. When I change the sdtv the home screen looks good but kodi does not start.

• Yes, but that's the RPi area of the Kodi forum, and they're asking if it also happens with Raspian. I can't test it at the moment (I'll need to get another SD card).

What I do know is that with sdtv_aspect=2, something fails to load while loading Kodi even with one of the latest nightlies. The LibreELEC boot animation loads, but the Kodi splash screen is never visible. I can still SSH into the system and AFAICT, there's nothing strange on dmesg.

kodi-log.zip

( I tried putting partial logs of two boot events, with and without sdtv_aspect=2, but it was too many characters)

Notice that sdtv_aspect=2 results in the resolution being detected but something failing to load, and without sdtv_aspect there's only NOTICE lines and the Kodi loading continues)