RPi4 Composite out not working

• Hi, I have installed LibreELEC (official): 9.1.501 (RPi4.arm) on Raspberry Pi 4. Everything seems to bee working on hdmi output. Then I want to connect my RPi4 to old CRT TV. There was no output at all. After reading documentation Video options in config.txt - Raspberry Pi Documentation i set this in config.txt

mount -o remount,rw /flash

nano /flash/config.txt

enable_tvout=1

sdtv_mode=2

mount -o remount,ro /flash

shutdown -r now

Now libreelec boots with rainbow boot screen on composite output and than black screen. But Libreelec boots. I can ssh to it.

So I do some research and find out that official raspian has similar issue and probably it was solved few days ago:

Pi 4 - Terrible performance with enable_tvout=1 · Issue #1223 · raspberrypi/firmware · GitHub

Lakka on RPi4 composite output bootloop · Issue #743 · libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC · GitHub

Anyone can help me resolve this issue in Libreelec?

Thank You.

Files

• dmesg.txt

(30.32 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )
  • Iridium

Approved the thread.
  • I'm having a similar issue with 9.1.501 in a RaspberryPi 3B. If I set sdtv_mode=2 on the config.txt I get the "LibreELEC" splash screen, but never see the Kodi splash screen or the UI. SSH is available and I can edit the config.txt.

If I set sdtv_mode=0 or comment out the sdtv_mode line, I see Kodi's splash screen and interface, but mode is set at [email protected] (thankfully this CRT is PAL, but multisystem on some inputs).

Going back to 9.0.2 runs into the bug where screen overscan compensation ("video calibration") is lost after reboot (that's why I was trying 9.1.501).

Going back to 8.2.5 leaves some addons not working.

I don't think it's a bootloop because I only see the LibreELEC splash screen once and the SSH connection doesn't drop. Sorry I can't provide a log right now; what information do you need and how do I get it?

• Thank you for posting something like this