Posts by TJSilva

Hi.

From one day to the next, using LE 10.0.4, my BT Remote control stopped working. When I went to the Bluetooth pane in LibreELEC Configuration, selected the BT Remote and tried "Connect", it gave an error (br-io-error, IIRC). Later, it crashed.

I upgraded to 11.0.1, and it still happens:

1. BT Remote does not work
    2. Manual connection fails (now with br-connection-create-socket)
    3. it's prone to crashing (but the crash isn't repeatable)

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you.

That's not what post #2 says. Use the correct file name. This approach works independent of the source (LIRC, CEC, joystick etc.).

• create /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml (or /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml with <remote> instead of <keyboard> inside the file - both variants should work)
    • add the mappings from ps3remote.evmap

Well, for a start I'd like to override many /etc/eventlircd.d/ps3remote.evmap remappings, especially the one that maps KEY_CONTEXT_MENU to KEY_EPG; habits of 10 years are hard to sweep away.

From evtest and some time looking at the kodi log while pressing the BD Remote's buttons, I got this .evmap to make sense between key events and the BD Remote buttons:

Display Spoiler

This .evmap doesn' t remap anything to anything and AFAICT would be exactly the same as an empty /etc/eventlircd.d/ps3remote.evmap; from here, I was going to try to do my own remappings in the middle column to the Kodi_actions/Lirc_button pairs in /usr/share/kodi/system/Lircmap.xml. What you're telling me is that it wouldn't work and I can't override /etc/eventlircd.d/ps3remote.evmap - I have to keep two (three?) layers of indirection in my head from /dev/input/eventXX button codes to ps3remote.evmap remaps to Lircmap.xml kodi buttons to /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml Kodi actions?

I'm probably too dumb to be able do that. But if you tell me that's the only way, I'll get a paper and pencil and start drawing arrows.

Thank you for the help

I used this remote but the main issue on LE for me was really quick battery drain.

Please tell if you get different experience..

At least with LE 10.0.1 (Generic), I get the opposite, the BD Remote disconnects really quickly I and most of the time I have to hit a button twice; I don't mind, it saves battery.

Thank you for the help, Da Flex, I had that page open and trying to understand it. AFAICT, /etc/eventlircd.d/ps3remote.evmap is translating between the raw event button codes (that can be examined by dumping the detected /dev/input/eventXX events with .kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/evtest) into button codes paired with Kodi buttons (<Kodi button>Lirc button</Kodi button>) configured at /usr/share/kodi/system/Lircmap.xml

I tried overriding that Lircmap.xml by creating an alternative at /storage/.kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml (<lircmap><remote device="devinput"><kodi>Lirc</kodi></remote></lircmap>) and it didn't work.

I tried overriding the evmap by creating a /storage/.config/eventlirc.d/ps3remote.evmap and it also didn't work.

In all cases, whatever I change isn't picked up after a reboot, it still uses the default configuration.

/etc/ is supposed to be read-only and I should only override it at /storage/.config, correct?

Thank you.

Thanks. When I press the "Red" key, what I get in /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log is:

Code
    2022-01-29 15:20:36.933 T:847     DEBUG <general>: LIRC: - NEW 18e 0 KEY_RED devinput (KEY_RED)
    2022-01-29 15:20:36.976 T:842     DEBUG <general>: HandleKey: 251 (0xfb, obc4) pressed, action is ActivateWindow(TVChannels)

I suspect that it's the HandleKey line that is showing the button assignment, and if someone can point me to where exactly is the LibreELEC-specific file where the PS3 BD is being configured so I can infer how things are set up, it would help me a lot.

However, many keys look the same to HandleKey, like these two:

Code
    2022-01-29 15:22:36.742 T:847     DEBUG <general>: LIRC: - NEW 165 0 KEY_OPTION devinput (KEY_OPTION)
    2022-01-29 15:22:36.751 T:842     DEBUG <general>: HandleKey: 0 (0x00, obc255) pressed, action is
    2022-01-29 15:22:38.977 T:847     DEBUG <general>: LIRC: - NEW 177 0 KEY_ASPECT_RATIO devinput (KEY_ASPECT_RATIO)
    2022-01-29 15:22:38.992 T:842     DEBUG <general>: HandleKey: 0 (0x00, obc255) pressed, action is

Even though LIRC recognizes them as different keys (and actually names them perfectly), they are both given the same UniversalRemote OriginalButtonCode (obc255). Are these buttons assignable?

Thank you

Edit: I found /etc/eventlircd.d/ps3remote.evmap - this looks to me to be a translation map from LIRC keys to Kodi keys:

KEY_EJECTCD = KEY_EJECT # Eject

And if I press Eject on the remote I get this on kodi.log:

2022-01-29 15:47:59.793 T:847 DEBUG <general>: LIRC: - NEW a1 0 KEY_EJECTCD devinput (KEY_EJECTCD)

2022-01-29 15:47:59.807 T:842 DEBUG <general>: HandleKey: config (0xeb) pressed, action is EjectTray()

What's the format of ps3remote.evmap? <key_LIRC> = <key_Kodi>? The other way around? Something else?

Hi. I've just arrived at LibreELEC (generic) after I found out that Kodi Matrix on Windows 10 refuses to have hardware acceleration (it crashes) with my Nvidia ION HTPC.

Back on Windows 7 I used PS3BluMote to support my PS3 BD Remote and it worked very well. When I installed LE10 I was very happy to find out the remote was supported; but I'd like to change some key assignments and add others and I'm at a loss.

I tried to use the Keymap Editor plugin and it doesn't work.

I don't know if I should activate Lirc and create a lircmap.xml, or something else. Should I follow the Wiki instructions for IR Remotes? I can do basic Linux stuff, I already tried getting the key events for some buttons and forcing them manually into Keymap Editor's gen.xml but I doesn't work.

I just need a primer, or a map, of how the PS3 BD Remote is configured. I think I can do the rest myself.

Thank you

Yes, but that's the RPi area of the Kodi forum, and they're asking if it also happens with Raspian. I can't test it at the moment (I'll need to get another SD card).

What I do know is that with sdtv_aspect=2, something fails to load while loading Kodi even with one of the latest nightlies. The LibreELEC boot animation loads, but the Kodi splash screen is never visible. I can still SSH into the system and AFAICT, there's nothing strange on dmesg.

kodi-log.zip

( I tried putting partial logs of two boot events, with and without sdtv_aspect=2, but it was too many characters)

Notice that sdtv_aspect=2 results in the resolution being detected but something failing to load, and without sdtv_aspect there's only NOTICE lines and the Kodi loading continues)

A couple of weeks ago, I tried the latest nightly at that time and the problem continued.

With sdtv_mode=2 I get the new animated LibreElec splash screen, but as soon as Kodi loads, the screen goes blank (I never see the Kodi splash screen)

With sdtv_mode=0, everything loads, but I'm running NTSC on a PAL TV.

I'm attaching the debug logs:

log-2019-10-06-15.28.41_sdtvmode2.zip

log-2019-10-06-15.38.43_nosdtv.zip

edit: drat, only realized now that this a thread for the RPi4, I'm on the Rpi3. This could be unrelated. Should I open a new thread?

edit 2; I don't think I'm allowed to post many lines of logfiles, but after comparing both boot events, with sdtv_mode=2 the video mode is preceded by two DEBUG lines and later something doesn't initialize on the GPU - instead of loading resolution 16, a lot of DEBUG statements follow NOTICE: EGL_CLIENT_EXTENSIONS = NULL. With no sdtv_mode directive, after that notice follows NOTICE: Checking resolution 16 and the video system is initialized.

I'm having a similar issue with 9.1.501 in a RaspberryPi 3B. If I set sdtv_mode=2 on the config.txt I get the "LibreELEC" splash screen, but never see the Kodi splash screen or the UI. SSH is available and I can edit the config.txt.

If I set sdtv_mode=0 or comment out the sdtv_mode line, I see Kodi's splash screen and interface, but mode is set at 720x480@60Hz (thankfully this CRT is PAL, but multisystem on some inputs).

Going back to 9.0.2 runs into the bug where screen overscan compensation ("video calibration") is lost after reboot (that's why I was trying 9.1.501).

Going back to 8.2.5 leaves some addons not working.

I don't think it's a bootloop because I only see the LibreELEC splash screen once and the SSH connection doesn't drop. Sorry I can't provide a log right now; what information do you need and how do I get it?