S905X2 fundamental hardware problem?

• hm... since Ray got squeezed out of the CE Team and CE is now charging royalties to manufacturers like HK i no longer support CE, and know how frustrating adamg with his confrontational approach to things can be...

But to be fair to the CE Team guys, I am not sure its because of any real censorship or supression of information on their part...

The S905 used the older much more mature Mali-450 core, which is better known compared to the newer Mali-G31's used in the S905x2's... At best most of the hardware gpu code is still in development and learning stage when it comes to hardware acceleration on the newer SoC's..

Hopefully as things get better developed most of these types of issues will disappear, its just theres no way of knowing exactly if and when that will happen... things are progressing but still a ways off in some areas...

• I suppose it's because they received sponsorship money and are peddling bad units now?

CE is now charging royalties to manufacturers like HK i no longer support CE

This forum is not a platform for spreading unsubstantiated misinformation on other operating systems.

I am privy to all CE matters being part of the team and say you are BOTH wrong in the quotes you have made.

Please edit to correct your errors.:dodgy:

• This forum is not a platform for spreading unsubstantiated misinformation on other operating systems.

I am privy to all CE matters being part of the team and say you are BOTH wrong in the quotes you have made.

Hmmm... you don't want unsubstantiated misinformation on other operating systems to be spread on this forum (when it's about CoreELEC) but you're perfectly happy for it to be spread on your own forum when it's about LibreELEC. Bit of a double standard, wouldn't you say? At the time, we didn't come on to your forum full of righteous indignation (mainly because we knew it would have been pointless, and only lead to unnecessary confrontation) so please don't bother with that here.

And just for the record: LibreELEC has never received $3000 from WeTek (or any other vendor for that matter), nor has - as claimed by Adam elsewhere - LibreELEC ever been paid/funded by any hardware vendor to develop for any platform. Adam knows nothing about LibreELEC finances, which are based entirely on goodwill donations.

But yeah, KyleS / buzzmarshall let's keep it factual, please. And focused on LibreELEC.

Edit: added image of original linked post, taken prior to stealth edit: original wording.

• That is so pathetic coming from a Moderator.

You might as well move the Forum Rules to the TRASH

1. you better feel sorry for yourself and the rest of your group (corelec) if you don't know what's going on behind your back. :)

2. I do not care who exactly you have in corelec takes a bribe from manufacturers. For me important is only officially confirmed by the manufacturer, the existence of such bribes.

3. I would like to draw your attention to the difference between sponsorship of any project and a strict agreement on fixed contributions. The sponsor himself determines the size of the voluntary donation, and he decides whether to do it or not (no one forces him to do it). If you take a bribe, it is already a commercial project, which is aimed at obtaining maximum benefits. :P

• let's keep it factual, please

Specifically for HK I have no official information, but I have official information about such requirements from corelec from another manufacturer. I can send you in PM the details of the official representative, what would you do he got this conversation. He didn't ask me to keep it a secret, but the exact details of the deal, I'm not authorized to divulge. ;)

• Specifically for HK I have no official information, but I have official information about such requirements from corelec from another manufacturer. I can send you in PM the details of the official representative, what would you do he got this conversation. He didn't ask me to keep it a secret, but the exact details of the deal, I'm not authorized to divulge. ;)

That's the problem, these are private deals between Khadas, HK and CoreELEC etc. it's not for you or I to discuss them in public.

• I'll respond with this forum

Is this someone you know ?

Sorry, my Portuguese is a little rusty but a quick scan didn't reveal any evidence of a $3000 donation, so what's your point?

I know chewitt, and we have been in contact with WeTek management in the past, and we have received hardware donations from WeTek and pretty much every vendor whose hardware we support (that's how development on SBCs works, mostly). And that's not even a secret. Nor is it any evidence of payments from vendors to fund development, as has been claimed. You're barking up the wrong tree, fella.

• Google translates my viewing of the linked page.

Screenshot last 2 lines.

WeTek have donated thousands of dollars to The XBMC Foundation, thousands of dollars to OpenELEC (all to sraue) but they certainly have not donated thousands of dollars to LibreELEC.

• but I have official information about such requirements from corelec from another manufacturer. I can send you in PM the details of the official representative, what would you do he got this conversation. He didn't ask me to keep it a secret, but the exact details of the deal, I'm not authorized to divulge.

You can certainly PM me.

• This forum is not a platform for spreading unsubstantiated misinformation on other operating systems.

Quote from 20 minutes ago

You have been suspended from the forum until 24 September 3019 07:00.

lol. Talk about retaliation...

The reason I made the thread was to bring awareness to the issue and to help resolve as I'm aware team members don't necessarily have 4K panels to truly test. The information being purposely hidden (see how adam unlisted the thread) is incredibly problematic and I know would have certainly stopped me and many others from buying a box.

LibreELEC (OSS Linux really) currently can't do 4K content as the decoder isn't upstream and/or written yet. This is why I made the thread here to ask if it's actually fundamentally a hardware problem - or if it's a simple amlogic SDK problem.