RPI4 - HDMI-CEC not working

• In my case it was the micro hdmi-hdmi adaptor. Bought a micro hdmi to hdmi cable yesterday, swapped it and voila, it started working straightaway. TV is a Panasonic TX-P50VT60. After a countless number of reboots, switching devices off and back on in various order and whatnot, the easiest solution was the correct one. What a waste of time on a cheapest part of the chain....

Edited 2 times, last by Cassper (November 25, 2019 at 12:35 PM).

• I’m having this exact problem with an LG C9 and a Raspberry pi 4. Did anyone figure out what to look for when buying a cable/converter? Would appreciate not having to buy a bunch of different cables

• just a thought, if its not working another option is to Solder a IR receiver Declare that in confing.txt and use the IR library ( if matching remote found ) else create your own file.

This is what i did for my Just Boom IR remote, as i use a JustBoom Amp Hat it was not possible to set a few things via CEC ( i dont rember now what it was ).

There is a documentation for the same ie to use your custom remote. Just need a RC5 / NEC receiver and equivalent remote.

How To Configure JustBoom IR Remote With LIRC • JustBoom

Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

• I’m having this exact problem with an LG C9 and a Raspberry pi 4. Did anyone figure out what to look for when buying a cable/converter? Would appreciate not having to buy a bunch of different cables

A few posts earlier an Amazon Basics cable is said to be working when a Pimoroni Micro HDMI adaptor was not previously.

• I have issues like this as well, albeit with an LG C9 I just bought. The cable I use worked on my old Bravia without issue. "SimpLink" (CEC) works on other devices and I can send something like echo 'standby 0' | cec-client -s from the cli and the TV turns off but nothing on the remote works.

• HI

I face same issue on my Samsung, when I did try with an Raspberry pi 4, CEC was not working.

But I have manage to get it working now :)

I did disconnect my Samsung from the power plug, for 20 minutes. (Not just turn off, but power cord disconnected)

After 20 min, connect power to tv, and start up. Go into settings, and disable HDMI-CEC.

After 30 sec, enable HDMI-CEC again. Shut down tv on remote.

Connect Raspberry pi, and power up tv.

Working for me.

Have been working for 2 days not, and have also disconnected PI, and connected again, still working :)

• I found a similar tip on YouTube and suggested it in post #8 and 10 of this thread but no one wanted to try it for some reason. I guess it sounded too silly to try. Keep us updated on whether your fix continues to work.

• Hi,

had the same problem. I bought a all-in-bundle with a cables and case.

The problem was the case was too sick that the HDMI cable could not really snap in 100%.

When having the case opened the HDMI Signal was transferred to the TV without any problems!

• Hi,

I also had the CEC problem with my new Pi 4.

My solution was, to not use a microHDMI-adapter but a microHDMI/HDMI-cable, edit the config.txt to add hdmi_drive=2 and finally use the microHDMI port next to the power/USB-C-port.

Since I did that, CEC works without any problems on my Samsung MU6179, just like my Pi3 B+ did before. I also have to mention, that my Pi4 is connected directly to the TV, no receiver inbetween.

Edited once, last by Beluga (January 13, 2020 at 2:00 PM).

• Samsung QE65Q60

Raspberry PI4 (2GB) with LE 9.2.0

I confirm, HDMI CEC not Working, i tried 2 HDMI Cabel (one with micro HDMI Adapter) and Method with power off TV (from Bimha solution), other HDMI Port on TV...

Unfortunately no solution works

• Not working anymore on RPI4 with LE9.2.0

It was working before that so its definately not a cable or adapter issue.

After booting LE it shows an error message from the CEC plugin "could not connect" or something.

I will try posting a CEC component logfile.

• this is all cec-related I could find in the logs:

2020-02-02 19:42:58.679 T:2834908016 NOTICE: Register - new cec device registered on cec->RPI: CEC Adapter (2708:1001)

2020-02-02 19:42:59.468 T:2649793392 ERROR: CecLogMessage - AllocateLogicalAddresses - failed to allocate device '0', type 'playback device'

2020-02-02 19:42:59.468 T:2641400688 ERROR: OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter

2020-02-02 19:42:59.468 T:2649793392 ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to find a free logical address for the client

2020-02-02 19:42:59.468 T:2649793392 ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to register the new CEC client - cannot allocate the requested device types

2020-02-02 19:42:59.468 T:2649793392 ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to register a CEC client