I disabled auto device detect on my LG C9 which solved the issue.
I have issues like this as well, albeit with an LG C9 I just bought. The cable I use worked on my old Bravia without issue. "SimpLink" (CEC) works on other devices and I can send something like echo 'standby 0' | cec-client -s from the cli and the TV turns off but nothing on the remote works.
overall this is not really fixable at the moment
1. Kodi has basically an "not that good" multiuser system that just don't work too well
2. LE build ontop of that "not that good" system adds another not that good implementation
result is a basically semi broken multiuser
That's a shame. Isn't there some cheap workaround? I'm not all that great in the field but could one create a script that initiates at logoff, which kills a specific service?
Nobody got an idea? Issue still happening.
Could an admin move this to bug reports?
I reported this issue on github for the addon in question, but the dev points at libreELEC being at fault.
It seems that when I log out off a user, it fails to stop the addon (?), so the addon stops working. All the users are using the addon.
- 2019-07-20 09:56:06.651 T:1553711984 ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## connman::monitor::initialize_agent ## ERROR: (TypeError("'NoneType' object is not callable",))
- 2019-07-20 09:56:06.651 T:1553711984 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
- File "/var/lib/jenkins/LE/build2/workspace/RPi2/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0.2/LibreELEC-settings-37e206b712a46213522a567a408382f5f082502a/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/lib/modules/connman.py", line 1263, in initialize_agent
- File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 241, in get_object
- File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 248, in __init__
- File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 175, in activate_name_owner
- File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 358, in get_name_owner
- File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 526, in _signal_func
- TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
- 2019-07-20 09:56:12.325 T:1729733488 ERROR: PLEX.service: Could not shut down other PKC instance
I'm using LibreELEC 9.0.2 but have tried with 8.2.5 as well - same issue.