[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Just a clean install of the latest LibreELEC. I noticed he's been working a lot on the CEC implementation, now we can change settings related to it in input devices. I guess since then it hasn't worked properly (here anyway). I was content on Helix for a while.
    How do you go about using Kszqa's LibCEC Daemon?

1. Install the new addon (tools.libcec-daemon-7.0.2.zip)

2. Put this line in autostart.sh :

Code
    (
    libcec-daemon;
    ) &

3. Turn "off" the CEC control in System\Peripherals

4. Reboot

Edited once, last by sammaz (July 25, 2016 at 5:31 PM).

• anyone know how to get retroarch running on this firmware?

I've tried downloading several different zip files from various sites, but i can't get retroarch to boot. It will install and the pop up displays to say that it's enabled, but when you go to launch the program, nothing happens. One of the guides I read said that it takes a while on first boot for anyhing to happen, but I left it for about an hour and still nothing. It's not frozen, the box is stil working and after leaving it an hour I tried navigating the menu's and kodi is still working fine, but the retroarch program just doesn't boot.

any ideas?

Take a look at this link:
    Retroarch addon for Openelec on MK808B+ and MXQ - FreakTab.com

• I've done this thanks. CEC still stops functioning not long after startup. Unless I did something wrong.

That means your TV's implementation of CEC is not 100% up to spec. Look to see if there is a firmware update for your TV. Other than that you will have to wait for a fix for the Amlogic kernel...(Not going to happen )

Edited once, last by sammaz (July 27, 2016 at 2:39 AM).

• Hello my friends, I was having trouble loading mxq but the God himself kszaq DM maybe I should try m201d and that came out to be the problem. I was thinking the file was for a whole different box. But now I got it to load but my remotes won't work. Where can I get get the android remote file??

• Hello my friends, I was having trouble loading mxq but the God himself kszaq DM maybe I should try m201d and that came out to be the problem. I was thinking the file was for a whole different box. But now I got it to load but my remotes won't work. Where can I get get the android remote file??

I think you better start reading from link:

LibreELEC

• I've been hoping to get the Front LED working on my sumvision cyclone x4. I ended up with the LED almost working. I had installed EXTRACTME_MXQ_M12_S805_revert-ember-to-android.rar and noticed that the Front LED works fine, I then installed Libreelec 7.0.2.4, the front LED now goes from red to blue, slight problem when I do a power off system, the LED goes from blue to red, but only stays red for about a second, then goes to blue. Same behaviour for OpenElec "6.95", so not sure if LED mods have any bearing for Sumvision x 4. But the point is the LED works fine with android mentioned in rar file above. The Front LED also works with a google tv andoid image (s85_106k4_0912.img) I flashed with "Amlogi usb burning tool (setup_v2.0.3_x86.exe)".
    Hope this helps.
    [hr]
    Ive been trying to get the sumvision cyclone x4 remote to work, I copied the remote.conf (/etc/) file from my original sumvision cyclone x4 factory installed andoid. Copied it to /etc/ and /storage/.config. Not all the buttons work, which is odd, because i've used this remote.conf on all the andoid builds I've tried (wetek gift, google TV, etc) and it always works fine. You can use TWRP version "2.7" for amlogic by "Abdul" to copy from SD card to /etc/, under advanced -> file manager. I also use TWRP for all my SD card installs. In linux You Just open a terminal and do "ssh root@ip_address", ie "ssh root:192.168.0.12", if You andoid box's ip address is 192.168.0.12. Then You just "reboot recovery", a lot easier than pressing reset at power up. Anyway, off to see if I can sort the remote conf out.

Edited once, last by zimmort (July 27, 2016 at 1:22 PM).

• That means your TV's implementation of CEC is not 100% up to spec. Look to see if there is a firmware update for your TV. Other than that you will have to wait for a fix for the Amlogic kernel...(Not going to happen )

It worked fine with Helix. Thanks for the help.

Edited once, last by rev6 (July 27, 2016 at 5:36 PM).

• chmod +x /storage/.config/*

Your .start and .sh files lack the proper permissions if they are not loading from Kodi.

• I just recently was able to flash my mxq with m201d but now remote don't work. I've been trying to research to get the remote to work. I don't have no knowledge of coding what's so ever. I place the remote.conf.txt in configfiles but remote still don't work. Am I suppose to copy it in hosts.conf? That where I'm think I need to put it in there's a picture of it in the bottom.
    [hr]

I just recently was able to flash my mxq with m201d but now remote don't work. I've been trying to research to get the remote to work. I don't have no knowledge of coding what's so ever. I place the remote.conf.txt in configfiles but remote still don't work. Am I suppose to copy it in hosts.conf? That where I'm think I need to put it in there's a picture of it in the bottom.

And that remote.conf.txt was all ready in there.

• I just recently was able to flash my mxq with m201d but now remote don't work. I've been trying to research to get the remote to work. I don't have no knowledge of coding what's so ever. I place the remote.conf.txt in configfiles but remote still don't work. Am I suppose to copy it in hosts.conf? That where I'm think I need to put it in there's a picture of it in the bottom.
    [hr]

And that remote.conf.txt was all ready in there.

I think You need to name the file remote.conf and not remote.conf.txt.

• you must delete the .txt from the end

ok i did that and put it in configfiles still no work. i must have the wrong remote file. now im having bigger problems finding out the boxes i got are 512 gig of rams.
    [hr]
    ok with 512 gig ram if i constantly clear cache, thumbnail and purge packages will that keep it from freezing?

Edited once, last by Smilez (July 28, 2016 at 5:47 PM).

• ok i did that and put it in configfiles still no work. i must have the wrong remote file. now im having bigger problems finding out the boxes i got are 512 gig of rams.
    [hr]
    ok with 512 gig ram if i constantly clear cache, thumbnail and purge packages will that keep it from freezing?

So yeah, if your box only boots up the m201d version then chances are it's a 512meg device even thou it was probably advertised as a 1 gig unit. We have been over this with kszaq and if I understood him correctly in android these boxes use a 512meg swap to provide 1 gig ram. Cunning and totally inaccurate. I don't have any major problems with my 512 device. Only thing I've noticed is buffering but that could be due to sources or my Internet speed more than the box not having enough ram to buffer. It seems to be manly live streaming services I have that issue with thou

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• ok i did that and put it in configfiles still no work. i must have the wrong remote file. now im having bigger problems finding out the boxes i got are 512 gig of rams.
    [hr]

Smilez
    Please make a signature with details of your box. It really helps people identify problems that people are having with the same box.
    Even though the s805 is very good at managing ram, it wont help much purging packages, thumbnails and cache clearing.
    From the 512mb you will be getting down to 100mb or less when videos are played and then you will have issues.