[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• sonofdibnah  Midnight63  bobones Thank you for reporting. I have a 7.0.1.4 build ready with improvements from test build included, I hope the test build works fine for you. Waiting on your feedback!

PatrickJB Yes, I've also noticed the LE Settings glitch and at first I thought it is related to new compile flags I used... but it also does that with old settings. Since it's a minor bug and only in LE Settings (which we don't use that often, do we?), I don't care much.

kostaman Thanks for reporting. I think that CEC-related issues your experience are specific to your TV model, at the moment I'm out of ideas on how CEC driver can be improved... you may want to try using libcec-daemon, there's a quick guide by sammaz on previous page of this thread. You have to note that some keys work differently with daemon and need to be remapped.

I'm not fussed with the CEC as i just change source and back and it works. I only use TV remote as a short cut commands without bringing up OSD and stop button.
    Turning on Box waiting 5 seconds and then turning on TV seems to work as well.
    All buttons work so no libcec-daemon for me.
    Thanks again.

• kostaman I think I might have identified a small bug in libcec that can be causing CEC disconnection notification and no CEC until Kodi restart/box reboot. Can you please test this build and tell me if there is any improvement for you:
    thermal-test-02-libcec-test

From previous test build I changed CPU governor from ondemand to interactive to boost performance a bit. Now that thermal levels are working for everyone I think we may try switching to it.

• kostaman I think I might have identified a small bug in libcec that can be causing CEC disconnection notification and no CEC until Kodi restart/box reboot. Can you please test this build and tell me if there is any improvement for you:
    thermal-test-02-libcec-test

From previous test build I changed CPU governor from ondemand to interactive to boost performance a bit. Now that thermal levels are working for everyone I think we may try switching to it.

Just Updated and seems that the CEC disconnection after reboot is fixed.
    Tried 3 reboots and no CEC disconnection occured.
    The no command response from TV remote persists until source change and after dim wake up.
    So fixed Disconnection which was more important as nothing but off (not reboot) would get it back.
    Cheers.

• kostaman Thank you for your test. I think I can build and release 7.0.1.4 now.

bobones Thank you for testing. The fix will be included in 7.0.1.4 build today.

No problem.
    I have made the suggestion of Power Off via Remote Button as Oposed to Power Off Menu in previous posts.
    I believe it is more usefull but can live with it the way it is now if it is corrupting some boxes.
    I seem to have a box/board that doesnt suffer most of the problems posted by others using Different Boards.
    Thanks again.

• Bugfix release:
    7.0.1.4 7.0.1.4

Commits from 7.0.1.3 to 7.0.1.4: Comparing 7.0.1.3...7.0.1.4 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.1.3 to 7.0.1.4: Comparing 83ba060...543ae83 · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• reverted old CPUfreq table to fix stability issues
    • default CPU governor is now interactive for better overall performance
    • fixed (some) CEC disconnection errors

Known issues:

• V3_1 board cannot wake up from suspend/power off by pressing remote power button (u-boot bug)
    • 29.97 progressive videos may stutter
    • power LED on not officially supported boxes may not work as intended (too many boards to support them with a single build)
    • no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output
    • DVB support is experimental, some USB DVB tuners don't work at all

An extra note: with this release reported CPU temperature may be a bit higher due to a small change in calibration code - this is nothing to worry about.

• Bugfix release:
    7.0.1.4 7.0.1.4

Commits from 7.0.1.3 to 7.0.1.4: Comparing 7.0.1.3...7.0.1.4 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.1.3 to 7.0.1.4: Comparing 83ba060...543ae83 · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• reverted old CPUfreq table to fix stability issues
    • default CPU governor is now interactive for better overall performance
    • fixed (some) CEC disconnection errors

Known issues:

• V3_1 board cannot wake up from suspend/power off by pressing remote power button (u-boot bug)
    • 29.97 progressive videos may stutter
    • power LED on not officially supported boxes may not work as intended (too many boards to support them with a single build)
    • no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output
    • DVB support is experimental, some USB DVB tuners don't work at all

An extra note: with this release reported CPU temperature may be a bit higher due to a small change in calibration code - this is nothing to worry about.

Updated and the new cpu govenor is giving full performance as it should.. Thanks again!

psx and n64 emulation are at full speed which only happens at 1.4Ghz so I can tell this "Interactive" CPU setting is good.

• Just Updated and seems that the CEC disconnection after reboot is fixed.
    Tried 3 reboots and no CEC disconnection occured.
    The no command response from TV remote persists until source change and after dim wake up.
    So fixed Disconnection which was more important as nothing but off (not reboot) would get it back.
    Cheers.

Just Updated to 7.0.1.4
    No problem

• Try to boot your box without SD card in slot and with toothpick inserted. Does it boot to recovery? If not, you have a wrong recovery image installed on your internal memory and it has nothing to do with my OE/LE releases as they don't modify recovery for some time now.

kszaq did as u said and yes it boot to recovery

Edited once, last by michaelchen (June 7, 2016 at 7:32 AM).

• kszaq did as u said and yes it boot to recovery

Do you have a file named recovery.img on card you wish to install from? It shouldn't be there.

If toothpick method when card is inserted does not work, you can boot to recovery without SD card, insert card afterwards and install LE from *-update.zip. After installing manually you may want to wipe data partition manually as well ("factory reset").

• Hey
    I have the same board as you and i vaguely remember something like this was caused by early release of reset button.
    Just HOLD IT IN click position for longer. Just hold it 30 second after MXQ splash logo.
    Let me know if it works. You may not even see the Android robot from what i remember.
    Black screen for up to 3 minutes after reset release. Just leave it till it boots up.

• Hello kszaq

Maybe it's a little bit “off-topic“ here, but I am very satisfied with your LibreELEC for S812 (MXIII-G):

Index of /Openelec/MX3G/kszaq

After successfully installing your LibreELEC on a “Red Stripe“ MXQ S805, I “googled“, if there is a Possibility to install LibreELEC on my MXIII-G S812 and I found and tested your
    LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1.2.img.xz
    on a MicroSD. I used wilro's “SDcard dual boot“ from Freaktab.

All this works really fine and I can switch between LibreELEC 7.0.1.2 and Android Lollipop on my MXIII-G, now.

Thanks for your MXIII-G Build, too[emoji6]

Why is this Build not mentioned as a Community-Buid in this forum?

Greetings
    Mark

• Because I don't make these builds:

...sorry, I thought, that these builds were made by you, because the were published under your name on the server:

Index of /Openelec/MX3G/kszaq

But when I read the last post of wilro_6276 at Freaktab, posted 15 minutes ago, I realized, that he made these builds:

Howdy All,

I have uploaded new LibreELEC builds - Old kernel/wifi/CEC based (7.0.1c) & based on kszaq 's latest (7.0.1.4) - Both builds appear stable with my minimal testing, & should resolve all outstanding MX3G specific issues.

Cheers!

... sorry for the misunderstanding

Greetings
    Mark

Edited once, last by mark-aus-51 (June 7, 2016 at 9:09 PM).