[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Kszaq, I loaded the new firmware and now the box reboots without red led and dosent require power reset. Also I noticed that CPU core 2 and 4 were frozen and were not cycling as 1 and 3. The wifi is the same as before, just an empty screen for connections until I plug in the hardwire. Log file for review attached...

Frank

Don't worry about CPU2 and 4 stuck at some value, this is a bug in how CPU load is reported with hotplug governor - when the reading is stuck, it means that CPU core is turned off to save power. It'll power back on when necessary.

We're getting a little bit closer to making your WiFi chip work, please try this build: LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0-devel-20160522205800-r22955-gce3a3fa.tar

• Kszaq, if we all 'chip in' to buy you one can you build a version of libreelec to run on this? How about it guys, 5 of us each give kszaq €5 for a box?

You'd also need to buy me some free time. Maybe at some point I'll start building for S905 devices (I have some things prepared for that) but I don't know if that's in one week or a couple of months.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 23, 2016 at 9:29 AM).

• Maybe some other users will be able to help you but for me to say anything - even that I can't help - you really need to provide logs.

I never created logs with kodi before.
    Do you need the full log from bootup till "end"?
    Or is it enough to use ssh and create the log just before pluggin in the adapter and playing the video? (same for wifi)

• Hi,

what is the path for my advancedsettings.xml?

Probably not the same as in openelec...

Edit: Ok, found hidden dir .kodi via ssh-login in roots ~.
    Placed my advancedsettings.xml in ./kodi/userdata - works :)

Thank you for your great work!

Edited once, last by FRauANtje (May 24, 2016 at 9:49 AM).

• kszaq: Great job!!!

I installed your latest LibreELEC-Version on a MXQ S805 with the red stripe and nearly everything works perfect.

Although I know, that the DVB-Support for this Amlogic-Devices is very poor because of the old Kernel, I would like to use an USB-DVB-S2 Stick with my “LibreELEC-MXQ“.

Can you recommend an USB-DVB-S Stick, which works with the MXQ and your LibreELEC?

I think, I read somewhere, that the Sundtek DVB-Sticks are installed independent from the Kernel-Version. Does this work with the MXQ-Box, too?

Thank you for your answers.

Greetings
    Mark

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk

Edited once, last by mark-aus-51 (May 24, 2016 at 1:56 AM).

• Don't worry about CPU2 and 4 stuck at some value, this is a bug in how CPU load is reported with hotplug governor - when the reading is stuck, it means that CPU core is turned off to save power. It'll power back on when necessary.

We're getting a little bit closer to making your WiFi chip work, please try this build: LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0-devel-20160522205800-r22955-gce3a3fa.tar

Ok its booting faster but still has no signal on WiFi. Log files are attached, Thank You.

Frank

• OK €5 from me for starting on the S905

Thank you but as I said: no promises at all. Let's say it's for a coffee.

And one thing: don't buy any boxes from GearBest.
    [hr]

I never created logs with kodi before.
    Do you need the full log from bootup till "end"?
    Or is it enough to use ssh and create the log just before pluggin in the adapter and playing the video? (same for wifi)

Everything is said in the first post. First reboot the box, reproduce your issue and collect logs. Thanks.
    [hr]

Hi,

what is the path for my advancedsettings.xml?

Probably not the same as in openelec...

# find / -name advancedsettings.xml
    /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

But this filesystem is read-only...

It shall be put in /storage/.kodi/userdata
    [hr]

I don't use DVB-T/S/C at all. Maybe other users will be able to help you out. You can also look at these two threads for recommendations:
    ODROID Forum • View topic - C1(+) LibreELEC 7.0.3 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 / 24p+HEVC
    [ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MK808B+ and MXQ - FreakTab.com
    [hr]

Ok its booting faster but still has no signal on WiFi. Log files are attached, Thank You.

Frank

Only the last log is from the latest build I posted, right? In the log I can see that WiFi firmware gets loaded, there's a WiFi interface and it scans for available networks. If there is no network available to connect to on the network list, we're now stuck and we have to wait for box/chip manufacturer to send me the driver... For now there is no reply from both of them.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 24, 2016 at 7:49 AM).

• Okay, after double checking the network adapters ...
    Both are no real 100mbps adapter. I have fallen for false advertisment.

Because of the sound stuttering if I start a stream, I have created a short log.
    Starting device, starting stream and restarting device.

My advancedsettings.xml @ \storage\.kodi\userdata

Code
    <!-- Created using Easy Advanced Settings addon -->
    <advancedsettings>
        <network>
            <buffermode>1</buffermode>
            <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
            <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
        </network>
    </advancedsettings>

Made another log with audio and ffmpeg logging. (If I done it right)

• Okay, after double checking the network adapters ...
    Both are no real 100mbps adapter. I have fallen for false advertisment.

Because of the sound stuttering if I start a stream, I have created a short log.
    Starting device, starting stream and restarting device.

My advancedsettings.xml @ \storage\.kodi\userdata

Code
    <!-- Created using Easy Advanced Settings addon -->
    <advancedsettings>
        <network>
            <buffermode>1</buffermode>
            <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
            <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
        </network>
    </advancedsettings>

Made another log with audio and ffmpeg logging. (If I done it right)

• Please don't restart after reproducing your issue. The log is emptied on every reboot, I have no use of empty log. Instruction clearly says to reboot only before reproducing the issue.
    • Remove your advancedsettings.xml and try again.

• Sorry, I thought it would end the latest log and I would have the complete one for uplodad.

This one should make it.

Deleted the xml, too.

The sound stuttering is sometimes only a few seconds, like now.
    Sometimes up to 22 sec (last time).
    Sometimes even no stuttering at all.

Either I'm looking at your logs in a wrong way or there is no sign of playing anything in it.

• You are right, maybe I choosed the wrong one.
    Is kodi creating one everytime I play something?
    When will the zip be created?

This time I checked it before uploading.
    Played a few streams after another. (just for max 30 sec.)
    for example the last one was stuttering until sec. 20.
    the one before wasn't stuttering at all, BUT! the kodi navigation/notification sounds. (WI stopped the stream everytime, no playing in backgorund).
    I discovered, if the kodi sound is ok, then the stream will stutter. IF the kodi sound stutters, the stream will be okay.

• Can you try:

I also have some Kodi patches from wrxtasy coming for the next release that fix some sound issues.

• "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" did the trick. (sampling was already on 48)
    Thanks!

And I will try it without in the next release, because stopping a video will result in a longer black screen (even my tv says, connection lost).

• I need to cleanup my working tree a bit and I'll post a build for you all. I'm leaving for 4 days tomorrow and I hope you can provide me some feedback on it.