[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• OpenElecCrazy: I forgot about backslash and semicolon at the end of the line. The correct set of commands would be:

Code
    mkdir -p ~/downloads
    mkdir -p ~/downloads/ssv
    mkdir /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name ssv\* -exec cp {} ~/downloads/ssv/ \;
    umount /tmp/system

Edit: I managed to find a firmware with ssv6051q drivers and I no longer need you to post these files. Please test this build - you need to boot from your existing SD card intall and upgrade using this file: LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0-devel-20160520133017-r22954-gde0005c.tar

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 20, 2016 at 12:57 PM).

• I decided to release a 7.0.1-based build before fixing the "not being able to power on by remote" issue for V3_1 board. This bug is related to broken u-boot and not easy to fix without breaking features for other boxes, like CEC wakeup. The bug is also present after upgrading to cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_16.0_160419.

kszaq do you have a link to that firmware? Since the latest I can find is the cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160116_SD update one...

Edit: nvm found it at geekbuing

Edit 2: Even with the new firmware bdinfo still shows only 512MB ram...
    I did however got a responce that the factory still claims it's 1GB, but 16-bit instead of 32-bit...
    While the info of the bootloader states that it's 32-bit, so still something is really screwed up...

Edited once, last by Spekkie (May 20, 2016 at 2:50 PM).

• I managed to find a firmware with ssv6051q drivers and I no longer need you to post these files. Please test this build - you need to boot from your existing SD card intall and upgrade using this file: LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0-devel-20160520133017-r22954-gde0005c.tar

I copied the tar over to the update folder via SSH and rebooted. I had no indication of a wireless signal iunder LibreElec/Connections menu. I reset LibreElec to defaults and rebooted going through the startup setup and again had no WiFi signal. I connected my wired line, connected and downloaded a log file for your review. Thank you for your continued efforts!

Frank

• I copied the tar over to the update folder via SSH and rebooted. I had no indication of a wireless signal iunder LibreElec/Connections menu. I reset LibreElec to defaults and rebooted going through the startup setup and again had no WiFi signal. I connected my wired line, connected and downloaded a log file for your review. Thank you for your continued efforts!

Frank

Thank you for reporting. It's a bit hard to make the driver work when I have some third-party source with no guarantee that it works and no box to check it. From your log I can see that the driver has not been loaded correctly. I have changed the driver configuration a bit. Can you please try this build: LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0-devel-20160521013322-r22955-gce3a3fa.tar

• Thank you for reporting. It's a bit hard to make the driver work when I have some third-party source with no guarantee that it works and no box to check it. From your log I can see that the driver has not been loaded correctly. I have changed the driver configuration a bit. Can you please try this build: LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0-devel-20160521013322-r22955-gce3a3fa.tar

Thank you for the very quick responce.

I copied the tar over to the update folder via SSH and rebooted and I had the same results. Here is the log file after reboot.

Frank

• Thank you for the very quick responce.

I copied the tar over to the update folder via SSH and rebooted and I had the same results. Here is the log file after reboot.

Frank

Thank you for the log. Can you please go to Kodi settings, turn off CEC, reboot and collect the log once again? Your TV seems to not support CEC and kernel log is cluttered with CEC error messages.

In the meantime I will e-mail the box manufacturer with request for the driver. Let's hope they answer.

• Hi guys,
    I hust updated to libreelec from openelec. In openelec I had rtorrent installed and working. Now, after updating to libreelec, rtorrent fails to start with the following message:
    ./rtorrent: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I think this is related to the fact that rtorrent was built in openelec with a different version of libssl. Is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks!

• @kszaq Many thanks for your hard work.
    The LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.1.1 build updated from the OE build without any problems and continues to run, so far, flawlessly

• awesome job with libre 7.0.1.1 fix damn near every problems this mk808b plus was having. cec works 95% of time with some tinkering. onboard wifi stable and steady at 48mbps.

very surprise with libre as my box was basically half brick with random reboots every other day. and so far very stable since 7.0.0.2

• Hi guys,
    I hust updated to libreelec from openelec. In openelec I had rtorrent installed and working. Now, after updating to libreelec, rtorrent fails to start with the following message:
    ./rtorrent: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I think this is related to the fact that rtorrent was built in openelec with a different version of libssl. Is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks!

I've tried installing rTorrent from OE unofficial repo and it runs fine - is your addon/unofficial OE repo at version 7.0.1?

• I stumbled over a little ... problem?

Well, living in germany I can stream Southpark over the Kod addon.

Everytime a part starts streaming I have stuttering sound. The Video plays fine.
    After a few seconds (sometimes longer, sometimes shorter) the sound plays ok too.

I am using the mk808b+
    Running the skin arctic zephyr and latest libreelec.

Is there something I can do against this?

Occuring on youtube too. (All streams I tried, I think)

Playing any files from usb connected hdd workes fine.

Anotehr thing:
    I bought a network adapter for the stick.
    Using it on the usb hub I use for remote and usb stick (idle), the network seems much slower than wifi.
    South Park is chaching every few seconds.
    Using it with two adapters on both mini-usb ports, it wont be dedected.
    Any tips?

Edited once, last by Stimmenhotel (May 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM).

• Maybe some other users will be able to help you but for me to say anything - even that I can't help - you really need to provide logs.

• OpenElecCrazy Here's another test build for you, I hope you haven't got fed up with testing: LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0-devel-20160522020409-r22955-gce3a3fa.tar

Kszaq, nope thats the fun part. Thank you for not getting fed up and being so supportive to everyone. All you guys that spend the time to develop fixes and make OpeneElec/LibreElec happen for these boxes are awsome!

Ill give it a try and report back!

Frank
    [hr]
    Kszaq, I loaded the new firmware and now the box reboots without red led and dosent require power reset. Also I noticed that CPU core 2 and 4 were frozen and were not cycling as 1 and 3. The wifi is the same as before, just an empty screen for connections until I plug in the hardwire. Log file for review attached...

Frank