Posts by Spekkie

Would it be possible to add duplicity to the network-tools addon in addition to rsync?
    It would add a very powerful backup utility to the already awesome LibreElec experience.

I recon I could use the docker addon and run a duplicity container, but unfortunately my box doesn't support docker :(

Hi Kszaq,

Since you've incorporated Balbes150's boot script, why is there the need for a dtb.img on the SD-card for the s905X soc's?
    As far as I understood Balbes's script tries to use the dtb.img from nand if there's no dtb.img on the SD partition...

So when there is still the original rom on the internal nand, wouldn't it be better to remove the dtb.img from the SD-card instead of using a generic one?

You can also try something I described a few posts ago: prepare FAT32-formatted pendrive, copy aml_autosrcipt to it, insert both pendrive and SD card with LE and then try toothpick and/or recovery method.

Sorry Didn't have time to read all the posts yet
    But I tried that as well and still no dice unfortunately...

[hr]

If your reset switch not soldered to PCB, you can try reboot to recovery with ADB Tools. See #1 post in MXQ Pro topic @ amlinuxmedia. Need register to view.

A simple " reboot recovery" from the terminal emulator worked as well to boot into recovery.
    Unfortunatly it actually rebooted into recovery instead of applying the aml_autoscript and starting LibreElec.
    Or at least I can't be sure what is going on without having access to the bootloader through TTL.

Hi Spekkie

Did you try going into recovery method as well as toothpick.?
    To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert SD card, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    • recovery method: boot into Android, insert SD card and choose Reboot to recovery in Android. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.

Tried the toothpick method, used to work with all other boxes.
    Have to try the reboot to recovery method though... Is that a standart feature of android 5.1? All my s805 boxes didn't have that option out of the box...

I decided to release a 7.0.1-based build before fixing the "not being able to power on by remote" issue for V3_1 board. This bug is related to broken u-boot and not easy to fix without breaking features for other boxes, like CEC wakeup. The bug is also present after upgrading to cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_16.0_160419.

kszaq do you have a link to that firmware? Since the latest I can find is the cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160116_SD update one...

Edit: nvm found it at geekbuing

Edit 2: Even with the new firmware bdinfo still shows only 512MB ram...
    I did however got a responce that the factory still claims it's 1GB, but 16-bit instead of 32-bit...
    While the info of the bootloader states that it's 32-bit, so still something is really screwed up...