S905 builds - general discussion

• Thanks for your awesome work as always.
    Unfortunately my MXQ pro won't boot from SD, so I guess I'll have some soldering to do in order to debug through TTL...
    I'll keep you posted!

• Thanks for your awesome work as always.
    Unfortunately my MXQ pro won't boot from SD, so I guess I'll have some soldering to do in order to debug through TTL...
    I'll keep you posted!

Hi Spekkie

Did you try going into recovery method as well as toothpick.?
    To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert SD card, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    • recovery method: boot into Android, insert SD card and choose Reboot to recovery in Android. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.

• Hi Spekkie

Did you try going into recovery method as well as toothpick.?
    To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert SD card, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    • recovery method: boot into Android, insert SD card and choose Reboot to recovery in Android. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.

Tried the toothpick method, used to work with all other boxes.
    Have to try the reboot to recovery method though... Is that a standart feature of android 5.1? All my s805 boxes didn't have that option out of the box...

• Hello again!
    So, the problem is with remote now. I have installed LE on sd, it successfully copied the remote.conf from android nand, but the remote is not working neither does cec. I have already copied again the remote.conf myself from android to sd card but without success. The kern.log is different from the usual log so I could upload it?

PS.In NAND android everything works well

Using Beelink M18 android box

Thank you ppl!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Gasoliner (July 14, 2016 at 3:38 PM).

• Have to try the reboot to recovery method though... Is that a standart feature of android 5.1? All my s805 boxes didn't have that option out of the box...

Not usually standard, I don't think but there's loads of free apps that do it ;)

• Tried the toothpick method, used to work with all other boxes.
    Have to try the reboot to recovery method though... Is that a standart feature of android 5.1? All my s805 boxes didn't have that option out of the box...

It depends on your box. I had one box that did not load and i used recovery method which worked.
    Its not a feature its just how the script is accepted by your box during toothpick method.

Good luck.

• Thanks for this it works great on my MiniMXIII. One little issue I have with it is with CEC. When using LibreELEC on my Intel NUC I can use the channel up and down buttons on my Samsung TV remote to page up and down in file lists but with this it will actually change the TV channel. Is there any way of fixing this or is it just a quirk of the CEC implementation on the box? TIA.

Edited once, last by Hans Gruber (July 14, 2016 at 3:10 PM).

• Hello again!
    So, the problem is with remote now. I have installed LE on sd, it successfully copied the remote.conf from android nand, but the remote is not working neither does cec. I have already copied again the remote.conf myself from android to sd card but without success.

You can try this remote.conf for M18. Source is amlinux forum, thanks for Alex240188.
    It has been a little bit remapped, as you seen in the picture.
    [hr]

Thanks for your awesome work as always.
    I'll keep you posted!

If your reset switch not soldered to PCB, you can try reboot to recovery with ADB Tools. See #1 post in MXQ Pro topic @ amlinuxmedia. Need register to view.

Edited once, last by DoItYourself (July 14, 2016 at 4:01 PM).

• You can try this remote.conf for M18. Source is amlinux forum, thanks for Alex240188.
    It has been a little bit remapped, as you seen in the picture.
    If your reset switch not soldered to PCB, you can try reboot to recovery with ADB Tools. See #1 post in MXQ Pro topic @ amlinuxmedia. Need register to view.

OK, I will try it later and let know,thank you

Worked great!!!Thank uuuu!!!

Edited once, last by Gasoliner (July 14, 2016 at 9:15 PM).

• [hr]

A simple " reboot recovery" from the terminal emulator worked as well to boot into recovery.
    Unfortunatly it actually rebooted into recovery instead of applying the aml_autoscript and starting LibreElec.
    Or at least I can't be sure what is going on without having access to the bootloader through TTL.

• Kszaq thank you for your work. Working well for first boot on minimx 1gb, now let's see if he can handle some heavy skin and some numbers of addons. On Alex build you must use swap partition otherwise it's freeze a lot.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• About MiniMX-G 2GB/16GB bluetooth

I compared dmesg, lsmod and modinfo for both OE and LE and I cannot spot much difference.

- dmesg
    OE dmesg includes
    BT_RADIO going: off
    BCM_BT: going OFF
    BT_RADIO going: on
    BCM_BT: going ON
    which LE dmesg does not.

- lsmod
    OE loads hci_uart automatically and has in use #(1)
    LE does not load hci_uart automatically and when modprobing it has use #(0)

- modinfo
    modinfo are equal for involved modules (6lowpan_iphc bluetooth bnep hci_uart)

- also
    LibreELEC:~ # hciconfig hci0 up
    Can't get device info: No such device

Hope this may help explain why 'no bluetooth adapter found' LE settings.
    Let me know what other info I can provide.

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (July 14, 2016 at 8:11 PM).

• Kszaq another question do you know of a way to turn off the led light? You don't have to include it in your build just point me in the right direction.

I don't think it's currently possible. You can switch colours or attach different trigger to LED but you can only turn it either blue or red, not switch it off.

Tried the toothpick method, used to work with all other boxes.

You can also try something I described a few posts ago: prepare FAT32-formatted pendrive, copy aml_autosrcipt to it, insert both pendrive and SD card with LE and then try toothpick and/or recovery method.

Hello again!
    So, the problem is with remote now. I have installed LE on sd, it successfully copied the remote.conf from android nand, but the remote is not working neither does cec. I have already copied again the remote.conf myself from android to sd card but without success. The kern.log is different from the usual log so I could upload it?

Try using this remote.conf: remote.conf

Thanks for this it works great on my MiniMXIII. One little issue I have with it is with CEC. When using LibreELEC on my Intel NUC I can use the channel up and down buttons on my Samsung TV remote to page up and down in file lists but with this it will actually change the TV channel. Is there any way of fixing this or is it just a quirk of the CEC implementation on the box? TIA.

Edit \\LibreELEC\Userdata\peripheral_data\cec_0000_0000.xml and replace <setting id="device_type" value="4" /> with <setting id="device_type" value="1" />. Reboot.