[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• thanks trying now.

note, that I noticed that with your 7.0.2.7, it doesn't include the aml_autoscript file.

is this required, if so, am i ok to use the one from a previous version.

(i did try 7.0.2.4 which i installed on my friends box).
    [hr]

You might have a box with fake RAM.. Try running HD18Q build and if it fails, m201d build.

THANKS.

the m201d went on.

will there be any disadvantages to using this build?

should the remote work?
    [hr]
    seems quite unresponsive with the external keyboard atm
    [hr]
    confirmed yes - it's gone on but very unresponsive to the keyboard.

guess it's some scam clone :/
    [hr]
    I've managed to get into system info within libreelec -

memory used 94mb / 343MB

thought it was supposed to have 1 gb

Edited once, last by snailboy1 (December 7, 2016 at 5:45 PM).

• Hi kszaq,

I am currently running LE 7.0.2.7 on my MK808B Plus, and it's very good. The only slight problem I seem to have is that the power LED seems to be always on, and sometimes I have to power cycle the device because it won't start via CEC. On much older versions it seemed to shut down better, and the LED would go off when it was shut down. I just wondered if there is a way to get back to how it used to work?

Thanks for all your hard work!

• Power LED for MK808B+ can only be fixed by manually editing device tree. I removed that build because the only difference between it and MXQ was the power LED.

CEC wakeup is an u-boot specific thing, I don't have influence on how it works.

• Thanks for the info kszaq. I wonder if my MK808B Plus is different to some, because the LED hasn't been right for some time, even with the MK808B Plus builds. However, it is so minor that it obviously doesn't really matter.

Thanks also for explaining the situation regarding CEC Wakeup.

• Hello,

I compiled kszaqs build for S805. i then flashed it and it worked perfectly. i then unsquashed the system file added the remote.conf file and squashed it again (using squashfs-tools). then after flashing again, i get:
    Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /flash/SYSTEM

i then unsquashed the original working system file and squashed it again immediately without changing anything and flashed it again, and i got the same error.

can anyone help me?

Thank you

• You may be using wrong squashfs compression mode. The included kernel works only with LZ4 for 7.0 and LZO for 7.9 builds. Much easier way is to copy your remote.conf to Configfiles folder...

• Maintenance release:
    7.0.3.1 7.0.3.1

Commits from 7.0.2.7 to 7.0.3.1: Comparing 7.0.2.7...7.0.3.1 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Changelog:

• improved a/v sync and buffering patch
    • backported a few memory leak patches from Krypton
    • added a few fixes from SPMC
    • added an option to copy user data when installing to internal memory
    • reverted AP6212 because of connectivity issues with updated firmware
    • reverted Ethernet driver to be loaded as a module to fix MAC address regression
    • maybe something I don't remember

• Maintenance release:
    7.0.3.1 7.0.3.1

Commits from 7.0.2.7 to 7.0.3.1: Comparing 7.0.2.7...7.0.3.1 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Changelog:

• reverted Ethernet driver to be loaded as a module to fix MAC address regression

Thanks, working fine on my MK808B Plus.

• DVB doesn't seem to work for my T230 dvb-c.

It's seen by tvheadend, but massive continuity errors.

I then tried on the x86 version in case it was libreelec or amlogic build, and it was the same issue. So the problem was Libreelec.

I then tried the same x86 box with cvh build, media_build drivers, and it works. (i had to go to the options and press the "latest kernel media_build" option to install)

are those ones not added to this amilogic version? or do i need to get CvH to make a combined build with your amlogic one?

Thanks (hope you enjoyed the coffee :D )

Edited once, last by snailboy1 (December 10, 2016 at 4:30 PM).

• Maintenance release:
    7.0.3.1 7.0.3.1

Changelog:

I wonder if i can use this version on this box? MXQ S85 Smart TV Box Amlogic S805 Quad Core 1GB RAM 8GB ROM

• Thanks.
    Now i have to find a way to upadte it.
    Because i have another version os openelec instaled.

It's a piece of cake. If you have Openelec installed on the MXQ's internal memory, just burn the LE image to a SD card (with Win32 Disk Imager, for example), stick it in the card slot and restart the box.