Posts by nigelg

Hi kszaq,

I am currently running LE 7.0.2.7 on my MK808B Plus, and it's very good. The only slight problem I seem to have is that the power LED seems to be always on, and sometimes I have to power cycle the device because it won't start via CEC. On much older versions it seemed to shut down better, and the LED would go off when it was shut down. I just wondered if there is a way to get back to how it used to work?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi kszaq,

I have just updated from 7.0.0.1 to 7.0.1.4. The only problem that I have noticed so far is the return of a problem I had on a previous build. If I use the 'Power off system' option in the power menu, the system hangs and I have to cycle the power to recover. If I use the 'Suspend' option, all is well. Do you think this is a small problem with the build, or could it be something to do with the boot version that is in my MK808B Plus?

Thanks again for all the hard work.
    [hr]
    Hmm ... maybe it doesn't really hang. However, the power out via the USB port to the wired ethernet adapter that I use is not switched off,and the blue LED on the MK808B Plus doesn't always do what I suppose it should. Sometimes the box can be operating with the blue LED off. So there does seem to be something a bit strange with power-related stuff. Cheers.

Hi, I updated my MK808B Plus to 7.0.1.2. All seems okay so far, except the Shutdown seems to hang. Suspend works, but CEC doesn't seem to be happy after a Suspend. I remember this happening with a previous OpenElec build too.

I have reverted to 7.0.0.1 (which I was using before), and it's working again.