[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I used (among others) the Jelly fish examples. S805 will play the HEVC files, S905 HEVC and HEVC-10bit

See Jellyfish Bitrate Test Files

I'll stop commenting about this as I've created a thread about this issue although it seems that we're stuffed as far as 10 bit H265 playback goes on the S805.

What's strange though is that the files do play albeit with a few glitches! Maybe they're not, the ones I'm playing, 10 bit files and it's something else?

• What's strange though is that the files do play albeit with a few glitches! Maybe they're not, the ones I'm playing, 10 bit files and it's something else?

It is the same with h.264 10bit files. The hardware decoder can make sense of some of the data (as it is similar in structure to 8bit encodings) and play it, but there will be artifacts when the 10bit encoded data values get interpreted as 8bit encoded: wrong colors, blocking and dropped frames when the decoder fails completely on a frame. This is why I am so happy that this wrong behaiviour has been changed in the latest S905 release so that kodi no longer uses hardware decoding on h.264 10bit files.

• Hey maybe someone could help me...1 month ago i've instaled on my m201 (MXQ S805 V.2.0) LibreElec...So i've used this amazing tool for about 1 month...Recently my device has stop working...After conecting to power i see only blue light flash with no signal on tv...Also, i can't enter in debug mode with toothpick...no reaction...The device won't react on TV control and all that stuf...

P.S i've tried to unbrick my device in USB_Burning_Tool but i always get this error

[0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error

Maybe someone could help me with this matter? Thank you )

Edited once, last by dixy (September 7, 2016 at 4:38 PM).

• Thanks kiwi-man, that works perfectly! Now to get the courage to flash the NAND, instead of running from SD card. Many thanks to kszaq and everyone else that worked to make this possible!! You guys are awesome! I will be making a donation this week after I get paid - am beyond broke after an unexpected timing belt failure in my wife and I's only car.....GRRRRR!!

From what I've managed to understand, flashing to nand only gives very slight improvements over running off sd so if you aren't too keen to flash nand, don't. I haven't so I have dualboot if I require, which I do like to be able to to use Skype on the big screen. Lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Kiwi_man82 (September 9, 2016 at 9:30 PM).

• Need help with

V3_1 board cannot wake up from suspend/power off by pressing remote power button (u-boot bug)

you can now work this around by adding

Code
    echo Y > /sys/power/wake_lock

to

Code
    autostart.sh

Can anyone help me with that ?, dont know how :/

Edited once, last by Exp245 (September 9, 2016 at 1:33 PM).

• I cannot configure HDMI CEC. I have a samsung tv (anynet+), but when I try to find s805 in my tv, I never find it. I have disabled "CEC adapter" in libreelec.

I try to install a new cec daemon (LibreELEC) but cec doesnt work yet (I have the daemon running).

It's the first time than I configure CEC and I don't know if I need do any more things. Any suggest?

Thxs

Edited once, last by mercucho1 (September 10, 2016 at 6:17 PM).

• Try a different HDMI cable. Some boxes have broken EDID/physical port detection and they will only work when connected to HDMI 1 directly to your TV (not via AVR).

• Try a different HDMI cable. Some boxes have broken EDID/physical port detection and they will only work when connected to HDMI 1 directly to your TV (not via AVR).

I have tried with a different HDMI cable and... work!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! thkx!!!!

• Is anyone aware where I can download working acestream engine for s805/libreelec? It should be possible to run it based on this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have installed LE 7.0.2.5 on nand of MXQ S805 1G/8G Black tv box branded "leelbox" produced in mid 2015. It was sluggish with Android 4.4, a whole bunch of softwares together with Kodi.
    Everything works fine now and fast.

Much thanks to kszaq for the hard work to provide a workable system and also all others who one way or another contributed to this endearvour.

• Hi all.. its been a while since i have come from openelec port but today i tried LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.2.5 nando install on my
    All black mxq board hd180 v1.2 and i can say that IT WORKS PERFECTLY...Shut down led wifi everything is working ..
    Thanks kszaq and team ... :D

• Same problem with NAND install on HD18Q LE 7.0.2.5 Installation start and device reboot when progress bar is at 1/3. No issues with 7.0.2.4

• I think some recoveries are incompatible with sha1_check that is used in 7.0.2.5 to check if there is Android or LE/OE installed. I will revert that change for the next release. Some other minor improvements are coming developed during my work on S905 builds. :)