LCDproc problem

• Running 7.95.1
    Installed LCDproc addon from KODI repository
    Tried all setting I could find within addon to get display working. nothing
    Tried to SSH in and locate LCD.conf file to edit drivers couldnt locate?? I thought it should be in /etc

Read on a KODI forum that the addon is only a client for LCDd?

Do i need to install this??

How do I install this??

lsusb output is
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 15c2:0038 SoundGraph Inc. GD01 MX LCD Display/IR Receiver

Thanks in Advance

LPB

• Hi,

I got my HD44780 via i2c working on LibreElec 7.95.1 / rpi3 with LCDproc 8.1.102 - yet I had to use an older driver from my previous OpenElec Setup (driver from 3.3.2016)

It boots and shows my welcome message. Kodi however doesnt seem to take control, I also cannot find the switch for activating the LCD. the LCD.xml is present in the userdata folder.

Any Ideas?

Update: Nevermind; I didnt have xbmc lcdproc installed. Except that I had to use an older driver, its running now as expected.

Edited once, last by plvoy (January 31, 2017 at 7:54 PM).

• Update: Nevermind; I didnt have xbmc lcdproc installed. Except that I had to use an older driver, its running now as expected.

MAN... you got it! This was the thing I missed all the time... I thought the service addon would substitute the xbmc lcdproc addon! Finally I got it working :)

Thanks a lot!

Other thing:

As the Odroid C2 doesn't cut off 3V3 power after shut down, is there a way to evoke a "XMBC LCDproc Addon service-disable" command upon LibreELEC shutdown or perhaps even as a button/keymap command as well?

Asking specifically about service-disable command, because I see that my OLED turns off as soon as I disable the LCDproc addon. And it turns on again as soon as I enable the service again. But if I shutdown the Odroid, my OLED I2C display remains displaying the "bye bye message" until I pull the power cable. And after I power the Odroid again, the Display still shows the "bye bye message" until kodi is loaded... so the display kind of remembers the bye bye message in its cache or so, because it was shut down not safely.

So: If there is a command/script, which automatically "presses" the "Disable Addon" button for XBMC LCDproc addon, that would turn off my OLED.
    This does perhaps just turn off the backlight of an LCD? I don't know, but on my OLED it looks as if it is simply off then.

EDIT
    But then again... if "XBMC LCDproc Addon" was disabled and thus turned off my OLED, then it would jump into the "bye bye" message if shutting down the system :/... Any ideas how to turn it off on an Odroid C2?

Edited once, last by infinity85 (January 31, 2017 at 10:03 PM).

• Hello

This is ma old config from libreelec 7.0.3
    LCDd.conf

storage\.kodi\userdata

storage\.kodi\userdata

My config file LCDd.conf copy to storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.lcdd
    My config file advancedsettings and LCD copy to storage\.kodi\userdata

Did not work :(

Libreelec 7.95.2 generic

• I installed LibreElec 7.95.2 on my RPI3 (fresh) an tried to use LCDdproc with my HD44780 Display connected by GPIO.

I have an earlier Version of LibreElec working on this System with Display. I used the following Manual to configure (its in German):
    LCD-Display HD44780 20×4 unter Openelec und Kodi(XBMC) an der Raspberry Pi – Michael Diesterhöft

My LCDd.conf, Driver and LCD.xml are attached.

LCDd.conf is in:
    /storage/.kodi/addons/http://service.lcdd/config

Driver is in:
    /storage/.kodi/addons/http://service.lcdd/lib/lcdproc

LCD.xml is in:
    /storage/.kodi/userdata

I also tried with the original LCDd.conf and driver.

I have both addons (LCDproc and XMBC LCDproc) installed and configured.

I get the following error when i try to start lcdd manually:

Code
    Driver [hd44780] init failed, return code -1
    Could not load driver hd44780
    There is no output driver
    Critical error while initializing, abort.
  • There is no directory named "/addon_data/http://service.lcdd/config" at my RPI3.
    I have a directory called "/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.lcdd" in which my LCDd.conf is.

I have now the following error message:

• It may be a problem with driver, not compiled for Rpi GPIO.
    Can you check if attached version works?
    Put the file in storage and change the line in LCDd.conf - example "DriverPath=/storage/.config/raspdrivers/".

Please report back.
    And see also here: Raspberry Pi • View topic - RPi 2 with HD44780 (Solved)

LE: It may need to recompile lcdproc for RPI3

• XBMC LCDproc is installed.

HD44780-ROM A00 is selected.

Do i need to use remote LCDproc-Server? (127.0.0.1:13666)

I2CTools is not installed, i thougt the connection i use is different than I2C?

Raspberry Pi Tools is installed now, what have i do with them? It says "Console Addon only"

• Ok, checked the drivers you attached. Still not working...

What should i do with the HD44780-rpi.c and HD44780-rpi.h?

Maybe something still wrong with my LCDd.conf?

Do you have a working LibreElec Image with the LCD working i can download? :D

I try to find old configuration & driver that i use sometime ago, I only find a driver. It may not work.
    I modify your LCDd.conf a little, pin definition and drive path to original, as was installed by lcdproc.
    Check once again the connections, wires and pin definition.
    [hr]

The driver that you shall use is imonlcd.
    So if you already install lcdproc make the settings to use this driver. To do that go to addon/services/lcdproc and find the driver section.
    You have to install XBMC LCDproc addon and enter setting to use lcdproc.

• When i use the driver from "LCDd old" i get the same message.

When i switch in LCDdproc to "imonlcd" instead of "HD44780" i get this:

• Does no one else have this problem?..

HD44780 on RPi3 with I2C is 100% working?

I wonder what changed since the earlier versions, in them i have a working LCD over the GPIO's.

Edited once, last by Menthe (February 11, 2017 at 8:45 PM).