FiveNinjas Slice LibreELEC preview build

• Force refresh the kodi addon repo

But I don't think that will fix the issue I am having because whenever I click install from zip file , nothing happens so I can't install any extra addons that is not from the kodi repository because I wanted to install a maintenance addon so that kodi would run smoother on slice but I can't install it because whenever I click install from zip file , nothing happens

• Krypton disables installation from zip unless you explicitly enable support in Kodi settings. This is a new function designed to make people think twice before installing pirate add-ons. There are no known issues installing other skins. If you believe there to be an issue please enable debug and component http logging then clean boot. Once rebooted demonstrate the problem and run "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste" or use the log file submit option in the settings add-on to create a sprunge.us URL to share the log file. No log = No problem.

• When I attempt to copy the file to the update folder, I am being told there is insufficient space. Could anyone offer me any assistance with finding a solution to this?

• Installed the newest build yesterday and loving it so thanks.

Is there a way to map the slice remote buttons as with new Jodi the up and down arrows control volume and before it was used to do longer skips forward/ backward

• Installed the newest build yesterday and loving it so thanks.

Is there a way to map the slice remote buttons as with new Jodi the up and down arrows control volume and before it was used to do longer skips forward/ backward

You can use the standard keymap editing method for Kodi, there are addons for Kodi to help with this but I haven't used it... But the default keys have now been changed and therefore up/down just give you volume up / down... But I've got used to the multi press left / right to do various sized skips...

Gordon

• You can use the standard keymap editing method for Kodi, there are addons for Kodi to help with this but I haven't used it... But the default keys have now been changed and therefore up/down just give you volume up / down... But I've got used to the multi press left / right to do various sized skips...

Gordon

OK, well its not so big problem that I would bother actually.
    I updated my slice to the 7.90.009 build from libreelec. Has anyone noticed that the transfer speeds are really really slow over EThernet/Wifi?For some reason after updating to the libreElec build (chewitt first and now the 009 one) the transfer speed are way slow as normally I can transfer about 2megs/secs and currently getting speeds about 130kilobytes/s. After a while the connection just breaks

• OK, well its not so big problem that I would bother actually.
    I updated my slice to the 7.90.009 build from libreelec. Has anyone noticed that the transfer speeds are really really slow over EThernet/Wifi?For some reason after updating to the libreElec build (chewitt first and now the 009 one) the transfer speed are way slow as normally I can transfer about 2megs/secs and currently getting speeds about 130kilobytes/s. After a while the connection just breaks

Hi,
    No, transfer rate the same as always for me, about 2 to 3 MB/s
    Regards, Kevin.

• I updated my slice to the 7.90.009 build from libreelec. Has anyone noticed that the transfer speeds are really really slow over EThernet/Wifi?For some reason after updating to the libreElec build (chewitt first and now the 009 one) the transfer speed are way slow as normally I can transfer about 2megs/secs and currently getting speeds about 130kilobytes/s. After a while the connection just breaks

No problems speed-wise with mine, just the problem with play lists making it reboot when larger than a few CDs worth of tracks as reported earlier in the thread

Roger

• NB: For the handful of people who are advance testing CM3 boards, the FiveNinjas folk requested the Slice2 image to be renamed to Slice3 to avoid user confusion. This means you will need to run "touch /storage/.update/.nocompat" before manually downloading the 7.95.1 beta else the compatibility check run during the update process will fail. It's technically possible for us to add an extra script to negate this, but with literally 5-6 people affected I've decided to finish something else and learn that trick another day :)

• NB: For the handful of people who are advance testing CM3 boards, the FiveNinjas folk requested the Slice2 image to be renamed to Slice3 to avoid user confusion. This means you will need to run "touch /storage/.update/.nocompat" before manually downloading the 7.95.1 beta else the compatibility check run during the update process will fail. It's technically possible for us to add an extra script to negate this, but with literally 5-6 people affected I've decided to finish something else and learn that trick another day :)

Hi chewitt

any news on the next update?

any news on the bug I reported (rebooting Slice)? Do you need any more info / testing?

I will be testing with a CM3 from tomorrow :D , postal system permitting :s

Roger

• Hi chewitt

any news on the next update?

any news on the bug I reported (rebooting Slice)? Do you need any more info / testing?

I will be testing with a CM3 from tomorrow :D , postal system permitting :s

Roger

Same here - Parcel Force permitting, I will be testing with a shiny new CM3 tomorrow as well! At this rate CM3 users will be into double figures by the end of the week! :D

Edited once, last by phallam (January 16, 2017 at 5:11 PM).