My Libreelec is not capable of Dolby Digital Plus DD+ passthrough on Raspberry!

• I'd just like to know. Is it possible to get a definite answer to this question? Or is it a secret? So far I don't get it running with my AVR. But maybe I'm doing something wrong.

It works with Windows though.

Light please. :idea:

• I'd just like to know. Is it possible to get a definite answer to this question? Or is it a secret? So far I don't get it running with my AVR. But maybe I'm doing something wrong.

It works with Windows though.

Light please. :idea:

Kodi supports DD+ passthrough, so LibreElec support will depend on the hardware support in the surrounding Linux ecosystem that LibreElec uses, which means it's based on the hardware platform you are running.

• Official Post

There is no secret setting about pass-through. If your AVR don't receive DD+, then the hardware is too weak.

Loosing an audio track without warning is a bad thing. LE should make it visible to find the weak element of the audio transmission chain. If you're an audio enthusiast, other hardware like the Nvidia Shield TV or the brand new RPi 4B is worth to think about.

• It works for me. Pi3 running into Yamaha receiver. DD+ passthrough works

So if this is not a general issue LE has with the Raspi 3, how can I try to resolve the problem. Because I have no issues whatsoever passing any audio to my AVR. Only DD+ and only on LE Raspi. Kodi on Windows works fine.

I have checked all the Settings I think, so what can I do?

• So if this is not a general issue LE has with the Raspi 3, how can I try to resolve the problem. Because I have no issues whatsoever passing any audio to my AVR. Only DD+ and only on LE Raspi. Kodi on Windows works fine.

I have checked all the Settings I think, so what can I do?

I will post my settings and signal chain tomorrow. You can compare and then maybe we work from there to determine the problem.

• My signal chain is

Raspberry Pi 3 -> Yamaha RXv581 -> LG TV

(I don't go from Pi directly into the TV first because most TVs have passthrough limitations)

LibreElec latest stable (9.0.2 ?)

Kodi > System > Audio settings: (perhaps need to enable expert view)

Code
    Audio output device: PI: HDMI
    Number channels: 7.1
    Output config: optimized
    PLL adjustment : Off
    Allow passthrough: ON
    Dolby Digital capable receiver: YES
    Dolby Digital Plus capable : YES
    DTS capable : YES

In the Kodi "Player" settings, Sync playback to display is OFF.

I am not suggesting that all my settings are correct or right for you. However you should match the settings and signal chain first, so we can determine if DD+ works for you.

• All the same for me. Except I have 5.1 channels.

Chain is Kodi LE Raspi 3 - Denon X4000 - Sony TV

Same setup for a Windows PC gives DD+ output. In LE silence with 'Dolby Digital Plus capable' enabled, and Multi Channel PCM with disabled.

• I will send you a sample to test in a few minutes, please test it. Perhaps send me one of your files which do not play and I will test.

This thread shows a man with same problem.

DD+ stopped working on my AVR since 9.0.0 - Kodi - CoreELEC Forums

As best I can tell, his issue seems to be a combination of two things:

1) files with DD+ encoded in some non-standard way

2) Old version of Kodi handled the non-standard DD+ stream okay. New versions do not

• Novalis confirmed to me that the sample did not achieve DD+ passthrough when played. (It plays with DD+ passthrough for me)

This rules out the possibility that your video files are at fault.

• Here's a log, if anybody is interested

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Around 10 diffrent DD+ samples I tested from my library play well on RPi2 and RPi4 from 5.1 up to DD+ 7.1 with Atmos, where my Denon AVR says Dolby Atmos. Tested with 9.2 latest git version.

• Hi guys i am at the lates aplpha on my Raspberry Pi 4 4GB but i notice some screen Tearing when i am in the settings or so. is a known probleme and maybe a fix for it?